Simple Chicken

Discussion in 'Main Dishes' started by Doug & Amber, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Doug & Amber

Doug & Amber Junior Ranger Donating Member

My simple roasted chicken is just Bacon, seasoned chicken, potatoes, carrots and onions. Cook for about 2.5 hrs and perfection. I make this in a 10" DO.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jay & Valerie

Jay & Valerie Ranger Donating Member

Clearly we need to camp with you guys more as we are very, very novice when cooking in the DO.

3. Van_and_Terri

Van_and_Terri Ranger

Great topic for a Teardrop gathering. We would love to be more proficient in Cooking with our Lodge cookware.

4. Doug & Amber

Doug & Amber Junior Ranger Donating Member

We used our 2 DO's at the Texas Teardrop Roundup. I used the 12" for braised short ribs and the 10" for the cobbler. We had a pot luck dinner the first night, it was yummy.

5. meal5

meal5 Newbie

These sweet things are just what you need this week. Smoky grilled chicken breasts pair perfectly with peach salsa. Fruit and meat really were made to go together, and this recipe proves it! You can use freshly peeled and chopped peaches or frozen, prepared ones, depending on how much time you have. While the confection-like fruit mixture is simmering on the stove, you can switch gears and grill up the chicken. Spoon a bit of the sauce over each piece of chicken before you serve it. Yum!