Cobbler Suprise

Discussion in 'Desserts' started by Doug & Amber, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Doug & Amber

Doug & Amber Junior Ranger Donating Member

When I make our DO cobbler, I use both peaches and blackberries. I put a can on either side. I follow the traditional receipe of yellow cake mix, butter, cinnamon, but I add my secret ingredient. Mountain Dew!!! After you load the fruit, cake mix, butter, add about 1 cup of Mountain Dew or Sprite to the top of the cake mix. Pour gently and carefully and gently mix side into the top layer of the cake mix. Don't get down into the fruit, just stir the soda into top layer of cake mix. This makes the mix fluffy and adds moisture to the finished product.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jay & Valerie

Jay & Valerie Ranger Donating Member

That cobbler was freaking awesome. I can still taste it....I bow to your cobbler sir!

3. Van_and_Terri

Van_and_Terri Ranger

Being from NC, I may need to try substituting Sundrop for the Mt Dew. Several people in Eastern NC put Coke in their BBQ along with viniger.

4. AlCat

AlCat Junior Ranger Donating Member

I assume the Dew's caffeine is still active, despite the cooking. Have you felt any buzz from this? (then again, since it's only one can split by 4 or 6 or 8 people, maybe it's not that much caffeine)

5. Doug & Amber

Doug & Amber Junior Ranger Donating Member

I think it's negligible as it's only about 1 cup of soda for the entire cobbler. The sugar in the dessert will probably do more to keep you awake than the caffeine.

AlCat likes this.
  6. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

You can substitute Sprite, 7-Up or Sierra Mist for the Mt. Dew. Other combos that work well are Cherry Coke or Dr. Pepper for Cherry Chocolate Cobbler, Root Beer for Spice Cobbler.

AlCat likes this.