Tailgate AV Install in a 560 Ultra

Discussion in 'Technology Corner' started by JeremyB, Jun 1, 2016.

1. JeremyB

JeremyB Junior Ranger Donating Member

CampInn is in the process of building my 560 Ultra which will be primarily used in tailgating at Auburn Football games. I have secured the equipment and created the following diagram for the build. Please let me know if you have any questions. I will update this thread if anything changes during the build.

Electronics:

WIRING_DIAGRAM.png

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
    Mike_Kathi likes this.
  2. Jay & Valerie

Jay & Valerie Ranger Donating Member

That is quite some setup for video.

Doesn't your Sat box have an Aux In antenna hook up for the local OTA channels? This would simplify your connections some.

So, you are having an OTA antenna, Dish Antenna and Apple TV for video along with the inside TV and a 40" outside TV. Is the switcher letting you select which thing to watch (Dish, Apple TV) and distributing the signal to both the inside and outside screens?

On the trailer you are going to have a coax in and coax out?

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
  3. Jean W

Jean W Junior Ranger Donating Member

Wow, that is a lot of stuff. Would be very interesting to see the installation. Craig will be scratching his head with the installation challenge.

4. JeremyB

The dish box only has a cable in from the Tailgator. I have to use the Over-The-Air Tuner through USB to add the local OTA channels. The main reason I added the complexity is if I am camping and do not have line of sight for the Dish Tailgator I will still be able to get locals. If Auburn is not at home and I am camping - I want a chance to get the game on a major network.

5. JeremyB

Yeah, I am sure this will be a complex install; however I have faith in CampInn to get it done.

hiadventurer likes this.
  6. JeremyB

Update: I have tested all of the equipment and cabling. I found one issue:

I had to replace the jadaol® Shielded (STP) Network Cable Cat 7 Flat Ethernet Patch Cable with the Ultra Spec Cables 50ft Cat6 Outdoor Waterproof Ethernet Cable Direct Burial 50 ft (PURE COPPER)

The Jadaol cable could not deliver signal from the HDMI Extender: 4K HDBaseT™ 100 Meter - HDMI® Extender w/ Power over Ethernet

Not sure if the cable was too long, defective, or if the extender could not handle cat7 so I bought a cat6 cable from another company at 50 feet instead of a 100 feet. I will not be able to test the new cable until I get the trailer so I will let you know down the road.

7. JeremyB

Craig did an awesome job with the install. I should be able to TAILGATE effectively.

Diagram for power and switches:
    Barrow Wiring.jpg

Install pictures:
    34.JPG 33.JPG 35.JPG