WANTED 550 Ultra Or Classic

Discussion in 'For Sale / Wanted' started by Udubengineer, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Udubengineer

Udubengineer Newbie

Prefer one near the pacific northwest. I'd actually like it without stove, sink, or water storage tanks for simplicity. It could also be a Special with front storage cabinet added.

2. david

david Newbie

I doubt you will find a classic or ultra without a stove, sink, or storage tanks. We have a classic 550 we bought new last year which is for sale because we found that as seniors, we needed more. We now have a motor coach. The classic 550 is admired by so many people as you travel. You may also find that a trip to North Carolina may prove to be most rewarding with our beautiful mountains, piedmont, and coastal regions. If interested, call 919 428 0112 and I will be glad to discuss the particulars with you.

3. Jay & Valerie

Jay & Valerie Ranger Donating Member

Agreed, you would be hard pressed to find one WITHOUT stove or sink. The older units might have it and I am sure they may sell a barebones unit once in a great while, I think you will mostly find them with these features.

4. Van_and_Terri

Van_and_Terri Ranger

Our 550 Classic serial 386 does not have the sink. We just keep a plastic tub in upper left storage area in galley to do dishes. We mostly camp in State Parks, so it works for us. My father used to say, "if everyone liked vanilla, it would be the only flavor made".

5. Jay & Valerie

Jay & Valerie Ranger Donating Member

I think yours is an older model, right? I think they are pretty standard on most units now.

6. Udubengineer

Udubengineer Newbie

As mentioned, maybe an older one may be found without all the amenities. I was a little slow in pursuing a couple of them while I was still trying to figure what I really wanted, and they were sold. But they do exist. A road trip to NC and back isn't in the cards in the near future, as work still gets in the way. Good luck.

7. Van_and_Terri

Van_and_Terri Ranger

Ours is s 2010 model. It was standard back then, but the original owner ordered it without the water system since she did not boondock.

8. Udubengineer

Udubengineer Newbie

I can see what develops in the used market, and rent teardrops in the short term. Camp-Inn's build queue extends into the off-season already, but I may be able to order a new 550 configured how I want for less than a used, fully equipped trailer. Still, my preference is an older, used one.

9. birder526

birder526 Novice

Our Special without sink, etc., but with front storage box, recently sold. It was a 2014. Sorry timing was off to work with you.

10. Paula

Paula Newbie

I am going to sell my camp inn in a few weeks. I live in the Pacific Northwest. It is a 550 ultra , I bought it from a man that had it behind his hot rod.
    O it is fun red with flames on the side. Great shape always in the garage ,well cared for. You can see it on the camp inn web site under photos. Th only one pulled with a hot rod. I did take it to a teardrop builder and had the doors fixed and a rain gutter applied so it does not leak. A must in the Pacific Northwest. Cheers

11. Udubengineer

Udubengineer Newbie

Paula,
    Thanks. I looked up the photos on the Camp-Inn site and saw the before and after. I have to say that the original is a good look, and the painted suits the hot rod well, though probably would clash a bit with my Subie. Let me know the details when you are ready to sell.

12. Udubengineer

Udubengineer Newbie

Bear,

Wow. I am envious of your travels with your trailer, but I may be better off with one that I can season myself. Thanks.

13. geno

geno Newbie

I have a 560 Classic . No sink, stove,water tanks. The larger 560 is a lot nicer to be in. The sofa makes it quite enjoyable. All my camping gear is easily stored in the larger model. You can outfit it the way you like to camp. Geno. see for sale# 368

14. Udubengineer

Udubengineer Newbie

Thanks for the heads up, though we weren't considering a Raindrop. I should probably change the post status from Wanted to Unwanted (or whatever the option is), as my wife wants a Vistabule. Happy wife, happy life.

15. Paula

Paula Newbie

I am ready to sell if interested. You are the first person I have talked with. Will post on craigslist in a few days if I do not hear from you. 9,000.00 craiglist. Will take 8,000.00. Good shape a few flaws. Number 10 year 2001. Has sink which has never been used. Has a stove as well. Pulled with a subaru as well. I also thought the paint was over the edge but I really loved it. Used for kayaking trips. My email is lommears@comcast.net.

16. Hi, I have a Ultra 560 for sale. It has been barely used. We are from the pacific northwest, live in Eureka, Ca If interested email me or text 707 502-7859.