Announcement Have Recently Ordered A 560 Ultra, Looking Forward To Picking It Up In Mid-december.

Discussion in 'Announcements & Build Journals' started by Rosario Douglas, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Our 560 ultra should be ready by mid-December. It took a lot of researching before deciding to buy this trailer. We even drove to Necedah to see their exhibition models. We were impressed by the workmanship and attention to detail and it meets our needs for a smaller vehicle that can go off road.

2. dmaaron

dmaaron Newbie

Congratulations Rosario! It is very exciting... Mary and I are getting our 560 at the end of October. It's really fun once the build pictures start coming in and you see the build progress. You are lucky that you could make the trip to Necedah...long way from SoCal :)

3. Yes it was great to visit Necedah and tour the factory where the trailers are built. We had all our questions answered.
    We live in Norman, Oklahoma so it was a bit of a drive. We took an extra week and visited some wildlife refuges and also drove to Minessotta. We also rented a tear drop at a private campground near Necedah to see if we could really sleep well in a tear drop. This was not a Cam inn, but we slept well. I could really see why the Camp inn models are more expensive. The kitchen area was so basic that I would not consider using it as a kitchen. It was a useful experience for us since we had never slept in a tear drop before. After this experience we were convince that the Camp inn trailer was the way to go.

birder526 likes this.
  4. Mark & Casandra

Mark & Casandra Junior Ranger

Congratulations & Welcome! I felt just like you, and we rented a teardrop before we bought just to make sure we could make the switch from a full size travel trailer to a tear. It was one of the most fun camping trips we've ever had & hitching up to go to see so many places in one trip (Wisconsin & Michigan UP) was a breeze....we camped for 10 nights in 6 different campsites & traveled over 1,000 miles & loved every minute! Within about 6 weeks of returning home from that trip we bought our barely used CampInn 560 (from a forum sale) and have never looked back! I see you are from Norman, OK. We hope to make it up to the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge sometime soon and see the buffalo! Maybe we'll run into each other sometime!

Casandra

Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
  5. Doug & Amber

Doug & Amber Junior Ranger Donating Member

Welcome to the family....

6. Congratulations! You'll love it. We have had our 560 for about 1.5 years now.

7. Hi Casandra Yes we live in Norman and the Wichita Mountains is one of our favorite places to visit nearby. May is usually the best time for wildflowers and it is not too hot yet. The visitor center is very good and the trails are excellent as well. Just have to be alert for those large animals (long horn cows and the buffalo) as they can roam anywhere they like. If you ever visit and you like burgers you have to stop at the famous Meers store (best long horn meet burgers ever and the homemade ice-cream is to die for - cash only). There is a campground with full facilities at the Wichita Mountains National Wildlife Refuge. We camped there once and the buffalo came by at night,but did not really bother us. Let us know if you are in the area.
    Rosario

Mark & Casandra likes this.