TN State Park Edgar Evans State Park. Tennessee

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by GinaNBob, Sep 18, 2016.

1. GinaNBob

GinaNBob Novice

just stayed one night but this is probably the most unique campground we have ever stayed in. All the sites are raised platforms that you park your rig or tent on. We had a 32x22 ft platform that comfortably fit both our 28ft airstream and our F250 super duty and still could sit at the provided picnic table. No groans or creaks either. The structures are very well supported with concrete columns. It was a water view site with electric and water, fire ring off to the side of the platform.
    Caution: roads to campground and in campground have steep inclines so not for the faint of heart. lovely place, wish we could have stayed longer but could only get the site for one night.
    Very quiet, lots of trees, very clean restrooms, camp store on site.
    Smithville, TN off I-40, west of Nashville.
    Would definitely stay again.
    Gina

Tom & Diana P likes this.
  2. Tom & Diana P

Tom & Diana P Novice

Sounds very interesting, Gina. How was the shade at the sites? I know TN is rather wooded in most of the state.

3. mcjimjam

mcjimjam Junior Ranger Donating Member

IMG_2513.JPG We stayed there back in late March. Very unique campground, we plan on visiting again, WITH our canoe!

Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
    Tom & Diana P likes this.
  4. GinaNBob

GinaNBob Novice

thanks for posting the picture Jim & Jamie. I could not get the picture we took of our site to post. We were on site 44.
    Gina

5. mcjimjam

mcjimjam Junior Ranger Donating Member

We were just around the corner in site #39. For anyone interested, you can go to the park website to view the campground map: Campground Reservations for Edgar Evins State Park From here, click the red "next", then, if you click on each individual site, you will find a picture and a detailed description of the campsite. Below is a better picture of our whole campsite, plus we had a big "backyard" behind us where you could sit on a rocky bluff, overlooking the lake. IMG_5226.JPG IMG_5223.JPG

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
    Tom & Diana P and birder526 like this.