Tracking Nights, Miles, etc.

Discussion in 'Camp-Inn Awards' started by Jay & Valerie, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Jay & Valerie

Jay & Valerie Ranger Donating Member

So, what are you using to track how many nights you have spent in it and how many miles you have traveled?

Paper/Pencil?
    App?
    Something else?

2. skissinger

skissinger Ranger Donating Member

excel :)
    I have a tab per year, where I record where I'm going, if I've pre-paid, that kind of thing. also columns for nights/miles, then a running total of each.

3. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

Like Sherry said. Kathy

4. Cary Winch

Cary Winch Camp-Inn Staff

We don't have it on the webstore yet but it will be eventually. We have a new item that has been coming standard with the later 2014 models. That is a travel log book. We thought out this very question pretty well and made a proper book for everyone to use with their trailers. Many of the people on the forum here with newer trailers have one and can probably speak for it.

Let me know if you are interested in one, we can set you up.

Cary

5. Jay & Valerie

Jay & Valerie Ranger Donating Member

Cool. How much are they?

Valerie is already starting a scrapbook of sorts. She saved the campground map from Jim Hogg park. She wants to document all the places we visit and capture the memories so to speak.

6. birder526

birder526 Novice

This is very cool and we look forward to getting a copy...hopefully with our new trailer! A really great idea.

7. Cary Winch

Jay,

You betcha. These are $8.25 plus postage. They are pretty neat, they are pretty thick. They are spiral bound with a cover that matches the owner's manual. The pages all have the "Date" Miles traveled", "Start Odometer", "End Odometer", "Destination", "Things of interest seen or done" and a notes section.

There is a index section so you can record what pages what trips are on. There a couple maps so the trip routes can be marked. And there is a section for National park and Monument passport stamps can be stamped in this book so that you do not need the park service's passport book.

Cary

8. David Olson

David Olson Novice

It is a very nice item.
    We got one and I am now trying to start from the beginning to add something about all our trips.
    Man you think you will remember it all, until you start to try to remember it all. :)

9. scoen

scoen Novice

We use our Official Camp Inn Travel Log Book!

10. Doug & Amber

Doug & Amber Junior Ranger Donating Member

The Offical Camp-Inn Travel Log Book is great. Additionally, if you tow with a Ford and have the tow package, every time you connect the 7-pin connector, it automatically logs the trailer mileage. How cool is that!!! Not sure what models do it, but ours does and is a 2013 F-150 XLT Supercrew 4x4 Ecoboost. Great feature to accurately log trailer miles, bearing replacement and brake adjustment intervals.

11. Cary Winch

Holy cow Doug, I did not know that about the Fords. What a cool idea.

Cary

12. Doug & Amber

Doug & Amber Junior Ranger Donating Member

Yeah, it's pretty cool. The Ford system even lets you name the trailer and can store and track multiple trailers. The system kicks in once it senses the round 7-pin connector. I think this comes with the Ford Factory Towing Package.

13. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Cool. It allows them to see just how much towing people are doing, too...