Wheel "upgrade"

Discussion in 'Other Gear & Equipment' started by Brian & Lucy, Oct 16, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Brian & Lucy

Brian & Lucy Novice

While I can appreciate the look of the Baby Moon wheel and how it aligns to the Tear Drop original era, it's just not my preferred look. When I bought #318, the baby moon caps and wheels were all rusted as the previous owner spent a lot of time on the gulf coast, so an excuse to upgrade...depending on your idea of upgrade!

Original plan was to go with silver aluminum wheel, but we decided to give black a try, and a 15" vs. stock 14". I think it's a great balance if you have the alcan cover up front. Anyway, we're thrilled and love the look...retro-modern! DSC04766.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
    Tom & Diana P likes this.
  2. Looks good. Surprising how much of a difference wheels can make. How's your mileage when towing with that Honda Pilot?

3. Brian & Lucy

Brian & Lucy Novice

We normally average 19mpg on roadtrips without a trailer...I'd estimate we're getting about 14 with the trailer. I haven't done an official mileage test...I'll do that on my next trip. Been too excited just having our trailer! We're also over packing. Realizing now how much we don't need, so by the time we test should be a good test case.

birder526 likes this.
  4. Doug & Amber

Doug & Amber Junior Ranger Donating Member

Wow, totally changes the look and style of the teardrop. Gives it a Madmax look.

Brian & Lucy likes this.
  5. RollingRob

RollingRob Junior Ranger

Looks great! Tire size and bolt patten required for wheel? Have you stayed with this look or changed to another since the change?

6. Brian & Lucy

Brian & Lucy Novice

Still rolling the same wheel/tire!

7. RollingRob

RollingRob Junior Ranger

Forgot to ask, tire size, which would determine tire sidewall height and tire width of your 15’ tire?

8. mariusz

mariusz Junior Ranger

Cool setup