Flag Pole Mount

Discussion in 'Custom Additions' started by Towbert, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Towbert

Towbert Novice

Have heard that some members have mounted a Marine Flag Pole Socket in the space on the tongue intended for a center mounted jack. Can anyone share which brand & size fits best? The goal is to use the standard 3/8" threaded holes, without drilling the frame.
    Thanks,
    Brad Donath
    560 Ultra SUV
    TOWBERT #720

2. Towbert

Towbert Novice

OK - If not a jack mount, how about other suggestions regarding a small Flag Pole Mount. Like to fly our American Flag at home everyday, and want to carry over this tradition with TOWBERT (560 SUV Ultra).
    Thanks, Brad

3. Mark & Casandra

Mark & Casandra Junior Ranger

I'm really interested in hearing/seeing what others have done in this regard also! When we toured the factory to decide if a CampInn was right for us, I asked Marty (or maybe Cary) about this very thing......told him it might be a deal breaker if my 560 couldn't have a flag pole mount option. I think he thought I was serious for a minute.....lol. We have carried our US flag & found ways to fly it while camping, but I really do want to find a good way to securely mount it to the tongue of the trailer.

Casandra.....Very Proud US Marine Mom!

birder526 likes this.
  4. Towbert

Towbert Novice

NO Drill Soultion - Flagpole Mount. Just ordered a ATV Black Fiberglass 4' L x 3/8" D Flagpole with attached 3/8" - 16 thread count mount that will screw into existing unused hole on trailer toung. Included a USA 12"x18" Flag for a total of $30 plus S&H.
    Went to local Hardware Store & picked up a 3/8" Rubber washer, so the metal mount will not scratch the paint on the frame.
    Will report back if successful-

TOWBERT
    560 SUV ULTRA

5. Mark & Casandra

Mark & Casandra Junior Ranger

This sounds like a great idea! When you report back would you please post pictures also to show exactly how it all looks once attached to the existing unused hole on the tongue? I'm more of a visual learner....lol Thanks.

Casandra

6. Towbert

Towbert Novice

Success - Looks like it belongs on the Camp-Inn - Design, quality, & size. Simple "no drill" install; simply mount the included 5/8" bolt with threaded end pointing up on the tongue - then screw on Flagpole by hand.
    Flagpole is available in many lengths, but chose the 4' for storage - it fits under the couch on the 560 in the down position.
    Bought Flagpole online: AditudeGear.com**OffRoadFlags.com
    Description: AdiSNflg - Aditudegear SuperKnit flag - 4ft 3/8 whip bolt - USA.
    Total with Shipping - $30.35

Towbert
    560 SUV Ultra

7. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

Now that's a great bit of info! Sure beats my neighbor's suggestion of duct tape.

Thanks for sharing, keep Old Glory flying and...

Camp on

Sue

8. Doug & Amber

Doug & Amber Junior Ranger Donating Member

Yes, pictures please!!!!!

9. Towbert

Towbert Novice

Just got back from Lake Kiabab Campground (Willams, AZ) & got many complements on Flagpole - it passed the field & weather test. Sorry, haven't figured out photos yet, but above vendor website has them. Made a simple revision to mount for cleaner look - Ditched the 3/8" mounting bolt from below and installed a 2" long 3/8" setscrew bolt directly into Flagpole Mount with tapered end down, plus used Locktight on setscrew. Now the Flagpole simply screws into the unused hole on toung & when removed - you are back to stock.

TOWBERT

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
  10. Doug & Amber

Doug & Amber Junior Ranger Donating Member

Can you take iPhone images and email to me?

11. Towbert

Towbert Novice

DETAILED PHOTOS ADDED

12. Towbert

Towbert Novice

Detailed Photos Added ~
    Towbert

Tom & Diana P likes this.
  13. Theresa

Theresa Novice

You may think this is a crazy idea, but have you considered -- instead of carrying a flag -- having a flag painted on your teardrop? Nothing to carry, nothing to wear out.

14. Brian & Lucy

Brian & Lucy Novice

I bought the Towbert solution with the 6' flagpole so we could double up the flag and fly it high! Haven't installed yet, but arrived quickly and will install this weekend. Looks great! Nice idea.

15. Randy

Randy Ranger Donating Member

Could you post a link to the flag, pole and mount? Thanks!

16. Brian & Lucy

Brian & Lucy Novice

Aditude Gear ATV Flags I purchased the 6' (3/8th) with the US flag pre-installed. If you don't want the flag, you can go to the 'gear' section and just get the pole. I also purchased a couple of the accessories for attach a 2nd flag.

17. Randy

Thanks!

18. Randy