560 Under Carriage Storage For Side Tent Poles

Discussion in 'Custom Additions' started by hiadventurer, Feb 8, 2017.

1. hiadventurer

hiadventurer Junior Ranger

I came across a post from several years ago that showed a PVC storage container someone had added to the under carriage of their trailer to hold maps which I thought may come in useful some day. I decided to adopt this same idea with a few modifications to hold the poles and PVC insert for our side tent as I didn't like the idea of them in the trailer. After looking under our 560 I discovered trailer supports under the trailer provided and ideal place to put a section of 4" PVC with removable ends. The supports are forward of the cabin door and I used the most forward set. It won't fit in the supports that go toward the rear.The completed project took about 2 hours to install (I took my time) after all the pieces have been cut.

upload_2017-2-7_19-36-23.png

The completed project took about 2 hours to install (I took my time) after all the pieces have been cut. All of the side tent poles fit perfectly inside the pipe, the longest of which is the 4 foot cross piece from the front of the side tent.

upload_2017-2-7_19-42-42.png

The area the PVC is slightly recessed and the pipe has to be installed in two sections.

upload_2017-2-7_19-47-47.png

Its held in place by two carriage bolts that bolt directly to the frame that are sealed with silicone making the container water tight.

upload_2017-2-7_19-49-31.png

It is a very tight fit, and took my time making sure the end caps had enough room to be removed and didn't glue the center fitting until I was sure the longest piece would fit with the end caps on.

RollingRob, SethB, Biggie and 3 others like this.
  2. mariusz

mariusz Junior Ranger

Great for fishing rods as well

3. Jim Carter

Jim Carter Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

I'll have to check under my 550 to see if there is a similar structure to attach to.

SethB likes this.