2 Socket 12 Volt Adaptor With Voltmeter

Discussion in 'Other Gear & Equipment' started by Randy, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Randy

Randy Ranger Donating Member

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
    dustinp and Tom & Diana P like this.
  2. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

Randy thanks for the info on this we got one and are particularly interested in being able to monitor our car battery when we leave the domestic in the car.

Randy likes this.
  3. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

So on our 30 day trip we used the Otium meter in the galley and a few times in the van.
    The first night out we used the AC outlet for a hot water pot and had no power. We had a new battery and were plugged in to campground power so we're not sure why but just unplugged the camper and used the cord for the pot each time we needed it. Each time we were setting up at a new campground we tried the AC in the galley and cabin and had none trying the reset each time which did not work. We just worked around it and did not stress over it. However near the end of our trip I noticed the reading on the meter started flashing that the battery power was low. I emailed Cary and found out that if the AC was not working the battery was not charging either. After explaining to Cary that the problem occurred at many campgrounds he suggested I hit the main circuit breaker (small white button) and that solved the AC power issue.

I now understand the power process better so all is well. And thanks to Cary for his help.

4. Old Growth

Old Growth Newbie

We recently had a similar experience, We were at a Good Sams in Deer Lodge Mt. Just shortly after hooking up to camp power with some thunder and lightning in the area we lost power to the ac outlets, when the GFI tripped. I could not reset and due to a past experience at home suspected the GFI went bad. Well after nearly replacing the GFI at the local Ace Hardware I plugged into power at the next stop Lewis and Clark Caverns and was able to reset GFI. I never realized you need AC power from source to reset. Lesson learned I guess their power breaker must have tripped also.

5. campator

campator Newbie