Gopro Hero 5 Review

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Jay & Valerie, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Jay & Valerie

Jay & Valerie Ranger Donating Member

Thinking about picking up a Hero 5? I just got one and did a trail tested review with my SxS.

Mike_Kathi likes this.
  2. mariusz

mariusz Junior Ranger

Good quality, my friend swear by it.

3. Jay & Valerie

It's OK. The video quality is decent but the user experience and interface is klunky and not very friendly. I had an issue recently where it only recorded a bunch of 1 min segments instead of giving me the hours of footage that I captured. It can be a bit frustrating.

4. JohnPeters

JohnPeters Newbie

Thank you SO much for your efforts. The video AND the review both are good. I know it gets frustrating when your hard work goes in vain.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
  5. Lane and Michael

Lane and Michael Junior Ranger Donating Member

What is an SxS?

6. NH Wanderlust

NH Wanderlust Junior Ranger Donating Member

Side by side. The 4 wheeler he drove.

7. Jay & Valerie

As NH states, it is a Side by Side, which defines the seating orientation where driver/passenger sit next to each other as opposed to front/back like on a motorcycle or ATV. They are also called UTV (Utility Terrain/Transport Vehicle) which is similar to an ATV (All Terrain Vehicle) used for going off road. They are quite fun, just hard to get both the SxS and the CampInn out at the same time.

8. Lane and Michael

Lane and Michael Junior Ranger Donating Member

Thanks. As you can see, I know nothing about these machines.

9. Jay & Valerie

No problem. I have been an avid camper and off road guy my entire life. I have ridden dirt bikes since I was a kid (about 7 years old). However, my wife doesn't ride so I sold the dirt bike to get the SxS so she could go off roading with me. I actually have some videos of us hitting trails on the youtube channel. The clips in the camera review can give you an idea of what the experience is like.