WA State Park Fort Worden

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Tour 931, Feb 18, 2018.

1. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

This is a great year-round park that is near Port Townsend, WA. The park offers lots to do besides just camping. There are trails and museums showing what the fort looked like a hundred years ago. The city of Port Townsend also offers lots to do.
    DSCN6919.JPG

Evan and Jenn like this.
  2. SethB

SethB Ranger

Port Townsend *does* offer a lot. And it’s a Northwest hub of wooden boaty stuff, there’s a school, several yards, Pygmy kayaks, the Northwest Maritime Center. I’d love to get back there, it’s been far too long!

Camping on the grounds? Hookups?

Jenn likes this.
  3. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

All have electrical hookups and water although the water was shut off for the winter when we were here three weeks ago. Reservations are recommended for holidays and throughout the summer. The beach loop can be very windy. About ten years ago I was almost blown over in a tent camper. The forest loop is further up the hill and is better during the windy season.

An Officer and a Gentleman was filmed here in the 80's.

Fort Worden Historical State Park | Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission

4. lorieandkeith

lorieandkeith Novice

931:

When is the windy season? I plan to be there at the end of May for a class at Port Townsend School of Woodworking. I have a beach campsite - it was the only one available. Thanks.

5. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

It can be windy year round but much less in the summer.

lorieandkeith likes this.