A Quick Working Trip

Discussion in 'Adventures & Excursions' started by Warren Mary Ellen, Apr 22, 2018.

1. We got in a couple of nights at Oconee State Park here in South Carolina. Perfect weather for camping too. I work a cycling charity ride, Issaqueena's Last Ride, that is in that county and I am part of the organizing committee. I manage the ride's Facebook page so today after getting home, I have downloading the pics I took yesterday. The campground puts me a little closer to the start line than I would be at home. So Saturday is a long day for me working the ride, but I get to spend most of it at Wigington Overlook which has a gorgeous view of Lake Jocassee and the South Carolina Piedmont. For the cyclists to get to the view they have to come up a 15% grade for a half mile after 6 miles of riding up a 5% grade. It will make you hallucinate but the view is great and after that the pain is done as the rest is no that difficult. The campground was only partial filled so it was quiet. When this place is crowded it can get it a little crazy depending on who is around you or as I like to say, which brand of South Carolina Redeck is here? We had Site 18 on the Lake Loop and our site backed up to the lake there. This morning we had a Mother Wood Duck and her babies and her pass by along with some Canadian Geese. The dogs weren't sure what to do with the Goose honking at them. We will be back up here on Memorial Day Weekend.

Attached Files:

Jenn and Evan like this.