Zamp Solar Plug

Discussion in 'Technology Corner' started by Jeff Little, May 20, 2023.

1. Jeff Little

Jeff Little Newbie

Have 40w Zamp panels on 2017 560 with 3 prong plug. Assume it came this way. Plugged in panels after running battery down some and recharged as expected. Went to Unplug, giving a little twist counter clockwise (opposite) of when I plugged in and will not Unplug. Any suggestions?

2. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Do you mean the connector going into the side of the camper? You should loosen it by turning counterclockwise....lefty loosy.

One thing to remember is not to "crank" on it when plugging it in. Its not like a 50amp twist lock on the 'big boys'. Just a slight 'twist' is all that is needed. The connector CI is made by marinco -- quick disconnect for trolling motors. You may find some help on boating forums as well.

3. Jeff Little

Jeff Little Newbie

Hello Sweeney, we met at the Camp-Inn gathering last year. Hope all is well. Thank you for responding. Yes, the plug on the side. The plug was spinning, so pulled the battery out to get to the back side. The lock nut was a little loose allowing the plug to spin. I was able to get it. Something I noticed when doing this, I am always careful when working on anything electrical. After removing the plug, I thought how can this plug not have juice coming from the solar panels? So, placed and voltage meter on the plug and it was hot. If anyone is working on this type of plug, I would recommend removing the fuse before messing with it. Kind of strikes me as a hazard. Thinking at some point I may change the 3-prong style plug. For now, the fuse comes out.

4. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Good to see you here :) Doing great! Glad you got it fixed. This stuff never seems to break when you're at home ;)