12 Years Ago

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by rrjusa, Apr 12, 2017.

1. rrjusa

rrjusa Newbie

I discovered Teardrop Trailers and Camp Inn specifically from my parents who had picked up a brochure at the Back to the 50s Weekend at the Minnesota State Fairgrounds. I loved what I saw! I checked out their website. My brother and I drove down to Neceda to see one in person.

I loved them even more. Almost as much as I love to travel. I've attached a couple photos from that visit oh so long ago. I publish a travel website www.welcometoamerica.us where I post photos and videos of all my travels. There is a link to me on the Camp Inn website so maybe some of you have seen it.

I have yet to get my dream home away from. But as I get to the point where I can make getting one a priority I am thinking about it more and more. What features I would like, or not. How to decorate and make it uniquely mine. What to call it. I came up with "Spirit of Adventure" from the movie "Up". I've been looking through the forum and enjoy seeing photos and reading about everyone's experiences with their own Teardrops.

I want to pay off my truck first but then I should be all set to place my order in time to have it for my 50th birthday trip to Disney World in 2020.

Attached Files:

Tom & Diana P, Evan and jfocallag like this.
  2. Mark & Casandra

Mark & Casandra Junior Ranger

Welcome! The dreaming, planning & waiting period can be extremely exciting.........and excruciating. I believe the "dream" stage is definitely part of the right of passage into the CampInn family/lifestyle; and then it only gets better from there.....except for the pain of life's demands getting in the way of camping and traveling near as much as I'd like!

Casandra

Randy and rrjusa like this.
  3. rrjusa

rrjusa Newbie

I've been thinking and planning for years. Thinking about it more recently I've jumped into Photoshop to see how some ideas might look.
    My website logo on the back hatch. "Spirit of Adventure" logo on each side. Not sure how practical an awning would be. It would keep the door from opening all the way and you would have to duck down even farther to get into the camper.

Little Patriot likes this.
  4. mariusz

mariusz Junior Ranger

Love the logos, awning most likely is going to be on your way..

5. rrjusa

rrjusa Newbie

I'll have to get a few trips under my belt before I do anything too dramatic. After years of the idea being on various burners, usually the back one, I now have a pretty good idea of my timeline and how I can make it fit with my budget in a practical way. I'm going to have my truck paid off in January 2020 if not sooner so...

June 2019 - trip to Nacida and place an order
    Dec 2019 - build should start. As I understand there is a 6 month waiting list?
    Jan 2020 - Pay off my truck
    March/April 2020 - Pick up my trailer and drive it back to Minnesota
    April/2020 - First night with my trailer camping in "The Swamp". Basically my parents back yard that we always would have cook outs and Camp while growing up.
    May 2020 - 3 day 2 night test trip to Northern Minnesota and the North Shore.
    June 2020 - Florida trip to Disney World for my 50th birthday.