SOLD 2007 550 Ultra #257 For Sale

Discussion in 'For Sale / Wanted' started by Jonathan, May 5, 2017.

1. Jonathan

Jonathan Guest

IMG_3270.JPG IMG_3268.JPG IMG_3285.JPG IMG_3287.JPG IMG_3266.JPG IMG_3276.JPG IMG_3269.JPG View attachment 2486 IMG_3272.JPG

JUNE 21 SOLD

Many great trips in the Droplet, all over California including cold weather high in the Sierras, the Pacific Northwest, and British Columbia, but we've decided to sell. Great shape; expected surface oxidation. Always stored under shelter (see photos). Bearings lubed three times; both air conditioning (checked out and recharged by CampInn) and gas heater rebuilt five years ago with recheck of whole gas system. Whole electrical system gone over by tech recently with replacement of battery (12 Volt Marine grade) and charge isolator last week. Solar controller replaced new last year.

Here's a list of the options:
    Air conditioning (actually shipped back and serviced by CampInn several years ago)
    SUV Tire Package
    Electric Brakes (to use them you'll need a brake controller in your tow vehicle)
    Larger Battery (brand new)
    LP Furnace (Heater) complete service a few years ago, as above
    Sunroof with Bugscreen and Curtain
    Leveling Jacks (they are now standard but weren't then)
    Internal Battery Isolator (new)
    Rear Bumper
    Alcan Cover for nose
    Folding Dining Table
    Back-up Lights
    Door Screens, pair
    Cooler Stand with Stainless Steel Top
    Spare Tire
    25' Gas and Water Extension Hoses
    Sprayer and Hose
    After Market additions:
    Upgraded folding kitchen faucet with stainless backsplash
    Stainless protectors installed across the inner bottoms of both doors
    Cup Holders (stainless steel), pair, in bed compartment
    85 Watt solar panel with simple stand. Connects through solar port wire in kitchen area. Has an internal solar charge controller (one year old)

Paid $19,207 (with tax) in 2007 (invoice available). By my calculation a 550 Ultra today with similar options and accessories would cost you about $22,800, and you won't have it ready by this camping season!

I will throw in a portable LP water heater (we used it to feed hot water into a standing shower tent when boondocking), but have not run it in a few years so cannot vouch that it works, although it did last time I used it
    Price now: $13,000 OBO, as is, where is. (65 miles northwest of Sacramento, California)

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2017
  2. bill barr

bill barr Newbie

Hi Jonathan-I am interested in buying your campInn do you still have it for sale. I live in nampa,Idaho.

3. bill barr

bill barr Newbie

Hi Jonathan- I am interested in buying your camp inn. Do you still have it. I live in Nampa, Idaho.

4. Jonathan

Jonathan Guest

Yes, it's still for sale. I really have checked out the various components like I wrote in the offering. I've polished it yearly but it sure isn't a mirror. (IMHO mirror polishes like on airstreams are to much hassle to maintain). I'm selling it because we're getting a somewhat larger trailer trailer this August.

5. Jonathan

Jonathan Guest

One more thing. Please let me know soon how serious you are about buying it as I intend to post it on Craig's List but will hold off for a bit too hear from you

6. bill barr

bill barr Newbie

Hi Jonathan-It will cost me about $500.00 to drive down from Idaho and pic it up. Will you take $12,500.00 cash. I am a school teacher and I will not be done until Friday June 2nd. I can send you a check for $500.00 as a down payment and pay you the rest when I pic up the teardrop or tell me what works best for you.

7. Jonathan

Jonathan Guest

When you be able to get here to pick it up, Bill? Reason is, while I'm free pretty much all of June 2, I am busy all day Saturday June 3 and couldn't deliver it to you. Could you meet with me Sunday, June 4 to pick up the trailer and pay me? Otherwise, I leave town early on Thursday, June 8 and won't be back until the evening of Sunday, June 18.

That work?

8. bill barr

bill barr Newbie

I could be there Sunday June 4 th. Let me talk with my wife she works that Monday to see if she can get that day off . I will get right back to you soon. Thanks!

9. Jonathan

Jonathan Guest

Forgot to say that (if we can work out a mutually acceptable time to make the sale and transfer), I will agree to a $12,500 sale price, taking into account your travel costs to pick up the trailer. I will require a $500 deposit which will be refundable to you should present at my address by the mutually agreed upon date and then in person refuse to buy the trailer. However, as I am giving you an option up until certain date (meaning, I will entertain no other purchase offers and will not advertise on other Fora until that date), I will not refund your deposit should you fail to appear. (However, I am not a strict and unreasonable person--if you have a break down on the way and are a bit late, I would not hold you in default ☺️). Remember, the trailer sale is As Is, Where Is, and there are no implied warranties or guarantees after the sale except as per applicable California law. If you have further questions, want more photos, I will try to oblige you right away.
    Payment of remainder in full at the time of transfer by Certified Bank Check. I will need to see one piece of photo ID as well, as I suspect we'll make the sale on a Sunday with the bank closed.
    You will need a seven-pin (round) electrical trailer plug. The trailer has electric brakes but it is not required under California law that a trailer this light has electric brakes. I always drove it with a brake controller in my vehicle. I don't know the law in the other states you may drive it so that's up to you.
    If I can find it, I will include a big bottle of Walbernize polish (recommended by CampInn), some extra running light lenses and a hitch lock.
    I will need your written (emailed) agreement to the above. Just paste the above into your written reply. Then we can work out how you can send the deposit.

Hope to hear from you soon, Bill.
    Jonathan

10. bill barr

bill barr Newbie

Hi Jonathan-I will need your contact information to send you the $500.00 deposit. I will get the check in the mail by Friday 5/26. Your terms of the sale are very reasonable and accomodating. Thank you! I will plan on arriving at your location sometime Sunday June 4th not sure of the time right now.

11. bill barr

bill barr Newbie

Sorry-did not send the e-mail aggrement. I agree bill barr to the terms and conditions as stated by Jonathan in our e-mail conversation for the sale of his 2007 campInn teardrop camp trailer.

12. Jonathan

Jonathan Guest

Bill, hate to ask on a public forum (but I couldn't find any way to set up a private thread like in Tapatalk) but would you post your email address so I can send you demographics? Can also send you--i think--a way to make a transfer of the deposit through Wells Fargo transfer instead of using a check. Or I could give you my Venmo handle. Prefer not to use PayPal because of fees.

13. bill barr

bill barr Newbie

Sure, brbarr@centurylink.net

14. bill barr

bill barr Newbie

Hi Jonathan-just checking in with you today. What is the best procedure for making the deposit.

15. Jonathan

Jonathan Guest

Did you get my email with my contact info?

Have a smart phone? You could use Venmo, a free and secure app to send deposit, or mail me a check.

Please email me your contact, too.
    Thanks!

16. bill barr

bill barr Newbie

Here is my contact info. Bill Barr 6951 Sunrise Ave. Nampa, Idaho 83686. (208)465-5408. brbarr@centurylink.net

17. Susan

Susan Newbie

Is your trailer still for sale?

18. Jonathan

Jonathan Guest

Yes, it is. Sorry for any lateness in reply as I read unreachable of the internet in the mountains until just tonight.

Hoping to hear from you,
    Jonathan

19. Susan

Susan Newbie

Hi Jonathan.
    We are interested in seeing your trailer.
    Are you the original owner?
    Non smoking? Pets?

We are still talking about when we could come see it. It is about a 5 hr drive for us.
    Susan

20. Jonathan

Jonathan Guest

Hi Susan. Yes I am the original owner, we never had any pets in it and we don't smoke. I'm in Nevada City California.

Let me know when you could come as we have it stored away from her home; I would like to bring it back here for you to see it though.
    Best,
    Jonathan