Itinerary 2017 Florida Gathering

Discussion in 'Gatherings' started by Van_and_Terri, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Van_and_Terri

Van_and_Terri Ranger

The Tear Jerkers Florida's Chapter is planning on Camping again at Tomoka State Park February 2-4, 2017. 3 Camp Inns were in attendance in 2016. Fun was had by all. We have reserved Campsite #5.

Gypsy, Sea Cruise and Jenn like this.
  2. Sea Cruise

Sea Cruise Newbie

His Van and Terri - This sounds like fun. Have only camped there once years ago in my old retro 15 footer. It was summer and very dusty, but February sounds great. I'll check it out. There is another t'dropper from New Smyrna. Are you in touch with them?

3. Sea Cruise

Sea Cruise Newbie

I will see you at Tomoka Feb 2-4. Site #3

4. Van_and_Terri

Van_and_Terri Ranger

Christy,
    Chuck and Margret(?) live in New Smyrna and have a 550. Haven't talked to them in a while. Noticed they haven't been on the Forum since July.

Sea Cruise likes this.
  5. Hi my name is Carl, and my wife Marysue and I are thinking that we would like to order a Campinn 550 this spring. We were wondering since we can't make it too Wisconsin ( to cold ) and see one in person, could we come to Tomoka and check yours out for quality and such. We'll be in the area on saturday 2/3 if thats okay. Thank you in advance Carl.

6. Van_and_Terri

Van_and_Terri Ranger

Carl & Marysue,
    Absolutely, we would love to have you stop by. Ours is a 2010 550 model and we will be at Site 5. Campinn is constantly making new improvements and options. Ours does not have the water system. But since we stay in State Parks, we don't miss it. That's the great thing about Campinn, you can build it to suit your needs. There should be one or two more Campinns at Tomoka for the Teardrop Rally. It's a friendly gathering and everyone has a good time.

7. Van_and_Terri,
    Thank you very much look foward to meeting you on the third. Thank you Carl.

8. LisaNKevin

LisaNKevin Junior Ranger Donating Member

We will be there too, 2012 550, site #44. And I know of another that will be there also.
    Lisa and Kevin

9. Thank you Lisa and Kevin.

10. Van_and_Terri

Van_and_Terri Ranger

I just checked the Tearjerkers FL Chapter website and see that 29 Teardrops are scheduled to be at Tomoka February 2-5.

11. Gypsy

Gypsy Junior Ranger Donating Member

We'll be there, too! Looking forward to a great long weekend on "the other coast".

12. Van_and_Terri

Van_and_Terri Ranger

Just getting settled in at Tomoka State Park for the Tearjerkers Rally. Over 40 Teardrops here and 5 of them are Camp Inns.

Tom & Diana P and Chuckwagon like this.
  13. Hi Van and Terri Marysue and I will be up Tomoka way about 11:00 or so looking foward to meeting you and seeing your Camp Inn. Thank you Carl.

14. AlCat

AlCat Junior Ranger Donating Member

Pics or it didn't happen...

15. Van_and_Terri

Van_and_Terri Ranger

A few of the attendees.

Attached Files:

Gypsy, AlCat and Mike_Kathi like this.
  16. Van_and_Terri

Van_and_Terri Ranger

A few more...

Attached Files:

17. Van_and_Terri

Van_and_Terri Ranger

A couple more..

Attached Files:

18. Gypsy

Gypsy Junior Ranger Donating Member

We had a GREAT time! The setting, planned/unplanned events, weather and nearby ocean were awesome! Being able to meet fellow teardroppers and see all the different designs was the best of all. This was our first gathering and it won't be the last. Now I have two trip reports to write up.