Itinerary 3rd Annual Maucicco Gathering

Discussion in 'Gatherings' started by mcjimjam, Jan 2, 2015.

1. mcjimjam

mcjimjam Junior Ranger Donating Member

Attention all Camp-Inn lovers!

We have booked the Piney Woods Group Area of North Bend Park for our 3rd Annual MAUCICCO Gathering.
    Arrival date: Friday, June 19, 2015
    Departure date: Monday, June 22, 2015

Here are some additional details:

North Bend Park in Boydton, VA , on the John H. Kerr Reservoir.

For lack of a better name, the 3rd Annual M-AUC-ICC-O (Mid-Atlantic Unofficial Camp-Inn Community Camp-Out). (Prounounced Maw-see-co) How is that for a mouthful?!!

North Bend is an Army Corps of Engineers campground on a large beautiful lake. We will be in group site A, which is located on it's own secluded peninsula, with a view of the dam. It has 19 individual well shaded sites, with a large lighted picnic shelter in the center. There is excellent beach access for great swimming, boating, and fishing. A boat launch is adjacent to the group site. There is a nice bike trail that runs through the rather large park, and playgrounds for the kids. No electric or water hook-ups, but there are two water spigots available, and electric in the shelter. There is a nicely maintained vault toilet at the entrance to the group site. Flush toilets and hot showers are within walking distance.

There will be a nominal fee, depending on the number of attendees, to cover the site rental fee.

This event is open to all Camp-Inn afficionados. Tents and other brands of campers are welcome.

Any help or suggestions with further planning of this event would be most appreciated.

We hope to hear from many of you, and look forward to camping with you, and sharing stories and ideas!

Jim & Jamie
    "mcnugit"

http://www.saw.usace.army.mil/Locations/DistrictLakesandDams/JohnHKerr.aspx

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  2. PlasticsMan

PlasticsMan Novice

Jim & Jamie,

We have the dates saved on the calendar and are on the "Maybe" list. We have a very busy summer that includes a two week camping trip out to California and back for a July 5th wedding in the family.

Eric

3. birder526

birder526 Novice

Jim and Jamie,
    We will get our teardrop April 1, but will be heading to TX to establish our domicile there. From there we head further west so we will not be able to participate this year. Hopefully in 2016. We hope that you all will have a super time!

4. Cmckinnon

Cmckinnon Newbie

Looking forward to paddling, hiking, biking, and fellowship with our teardrop friends at MAUCICCO #3.

5. Rick  Sarah

Rick Sarah Novice

We would love to be able to join the group this year since we would have our 560 by then, but we will be using our vacation this year going to pick up our CI. Hopefully we will be able to join the group next year. Would love to meet other CI enthusiasts.

6. Lenny357

Lenny357 Novice

I really want to make it, I'm still in the process of moving some other dates around. Getting out of the Navy soon so times are crazy to say the least.

7. Rick  Sarah

Rick Sarah Novice

Hey Lenny 357,
    It was because of your You Tube videos that we found out about the Camp Inn Raindrop. We pick up our 560 this Tuesday. We had seen other teardrops, but we think the quality of the CI made it the best choice. Didn't realize you were one and the same person. Thank you.

8. PlasticsMan

PlasticsMan Novice

Those that attended last year's MAUCCICO may recall that we left early because our #2 daughter and son-in-law had their first baby (our 3rd grandson). They live in Durham, NC which is about an hour South of the campground so as soon as we heard baby was on the way we broke camp and went to meet our new grandson.

Deja vu all over again...

Our #1 daughter and son-in-law are expecting their 3rd son (grandson #4) with a due date of June 30th... So if we make it to this year's gathering, depending on when the next bambino decides to make an appearance, we may have to leave early again!

9. Congrats Eric and Joan!

10. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

Wow! That sounds like a wonderful site. Virginia is so lush and beautiful, you are going to have a wonderful time. Wish we could make it, but we are promised forth. "Sigh". I'm jealous.

Camp on,

Sue

11. Lenny357

Lenny357 Novice

So happy you decided on CI I love sharing on YouTube and helping folks make good choices on quality products. I only review things that I have used and approve of, negative videos no one likes and it's hard for me to be motivated to review something that I'm not pasinate about. My unit is ten years old, yours will become like part of the family.

12. mcjimjam

This Spring sure has flown by! Countdown to the 3rd Annual MAUCICCO now stands at 9 days.

Attendee list:
    Jim & Jamie
    Jack & Anna
    Chris & Mindy
    James & Beth
    Jay, Deb, & Sam
    Scott & Teri

Tentatives:
    Lenny 357 & family
    Eric & Joan

Any other takers?

13. Little Patriot

Little Patriot Junior Ranger Donating Member

We won't have our 550 for this year's gathering, Jim and Jamie, but we'll be there in spirit. (Anxiously waiting for our build pictures.) :)

Have a great time!

Deb

14. mcjimjam

Happy to see your dream coming true, Deb & Kyle!! Let's plan on a "play date" when Little Patriot arrives, maybe at Chickahominy, or at one of our wonderful Virginia State Parks! We'd be thrilled to show you the ropes!!!

Jamie

15. Little Patriot

Little Patriot Junior Ranger Donating Member

That would be great and most appreciated, Jamie.

I'm already "nesting" in anticipation. Now if only those build pictures would arrive!

Deb