500th Camp-Inn Built

Discussion in 'Official Camp-Inn Area' started by Betsey, May 23, 2012.

1. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

Hi All,

We have completed building the 500th Camp-Inn trailer! :)

As you know, most of our trailers are built to a customer order. #500 was an exception. We have had ideas over the years for new features and options. We took this as an opportunity to try a few of those features and options. We built it as a one of a kind "concept vehicle."

Some of the features will become future options and others we will probably never do again! :crazy:

We are working on getting a professional photographer to take pictures. Until then Craig has taken a few teaser pictures just for the Unofficial Forum. We will add some pictures every few days. :grin:

We aren't going to tell you the part of the trailer shown in the picture. Feel free to post your guess of the location... and what is shown in the picture.

We will give you one hint....#500 is a Raindrop... ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That is all for now.....

:cool:

2. slumry

slumry Novice

When we picked up our 501, we got a chance to see the future, and you will definitely need shades for this baby!

3. jfocallag

jfocallag Junior Ranger Donating Member

One of my guesses is that the bottom picture is leather (ultra?) front sofa cushions for the 560 model. The inlaid woodwork looks beautiful but not enough information to figure out where it is. No clue on the first picture although it looks like where the fender meets the side of the camper.

4. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

I am guessing the inlaid wood is in the cabin, storage cabinets. The only other place I thought it could go would be the pantry in the kitchen. I agree with Joan on the other stuff though...pretty cool affect on the aluminum!

Can't wait to see more!

5. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

We've toured a lot of up-scale homes in the Bay Area and that inlay looks a lot like the parquet flooring in some foyers. Pretty snazzy. Does the 560 have an entry hall now?

Jim and Sue

6. Ladymc

Ladymc Novice

I'm thinking the hint of it being a Raindrop means (to me anyway):

#1 - Inside the Raindrop - something to do with the couch
    #2 - The inlay is next to a doorknob - I agree it's on the cabinets inside
    #3 - Definately leather on the couch (I hope!)

7. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

I want it.

8. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

I've seen it and it's amazing, unlike any other teardrop. These people are truly craftsmen.

9. The first picture looks like the fender and side of the trailer and made out of stainless steel?

the second picture we are guessing to be the cabinet doors inside the trailer?

the third picture appears to be the seat/sofa cushion.

Can't wait to see it...

10. rushthecat

rushthecat Novice

What an awesome idea for #500. Can't wait to see it. Cary, this is going to throw your build schedule into disarray--I don't want to start mine until I can see what I can add. Ha Ha!!
    Carol

11. rushthecat

rushthecat Novice

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  12. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  13. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

You just want everything, now don't you? ;)

14. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

Keep on guessing....

15. rushthecat

rushthecat Novice

Girl, what girl? I meant the neat antenna of course........hope Carol misses this post!
    Mike

16. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

We've been talking about tricking out the CI. Now if you would just drop the other boot and "show us what you've got", we might want some extra goodies added when we come to CICO.

Just saying...

Sue

17. Jean W

Jean W Junior Ranger Donating Member

The compass rose inlay looks nice.

Wonder about stereo install someplace.

I would like to see a Keder rail, Cary has been asked that one many times, might be an option for the 560 with the flat roof.

Kitchen could be redisigned.
    Maybe designed a small standy?

Wonder what Craig and Betsey will "spill the beans" about this coming weekend?

Congrats on the milestone trailer! Wonder what will happen with number 550 and 560?

Jean

18. Ladymc

Ladymc Novice

Yeah, when's the unveiling? You can't keep us in such suspense! us old folks getting anxious isn't good!

19. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

At some point in the near future. :)

Nope. I'm quite happy with "old" teardrop. And as lovely as they are & as much as it may shock you, I have no desire to own a 560. :eek:

It will definitely make someone a happy camper! ;)

It will be sold.

I think he might need more than luck if Carol sees the post. :D

You are very welcome!

Stay tuned...more to come!

20. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

Patience is a virtue! ;)