Announcement 560 Ultra Order Just Placed!?!

Discussion in 'Announcements & Build Journals' started by dmaaron, Mar 14, 2016.

1. dmaaron

dmaaron Newbie

Good Evening Everyone,

Proud to announce that our deposit has been received by Cary and Holly officially putting us on the build calendar! We are expecting her to be completed late September and delivered to SoCal early October... Just in time for a Yosemite/Big Sur trip.

Look forward to working with you on the forum, and hopefully meeting some of you on the road!

Big thanks to Cary for his patience and honest feedback during the planning and options selection phase :)

Here's to the longest six months ever!

2. JeremyB

JeremyB Junior Ranger Donating Member

What options did you go with?

3. Doug & Amber

Doug & Amber Junior Ranger Donating Member

The waiting is the hard part...... We are about to pick up our 560 at the end of April, it's such a tough wait. We are excited for you, Congratulations!

Glad to hear that you are already planning your trips.

4. dmaaron

dmaaron Newbie

Good day,

Below are the options that we went with on our 2016 560 Ultra -->. We originally were not going to get either the furnace or A/C but after extended conversation with Cary, we eventually decided to get the A/C option...better safe than sorry. We haven't fully identified all of our travel locations so in the end I know we will get into some situations that will remind us how happy we are to have it.

Electric Brakes
    SUV Off-Road Tire Package
    Air Conditioning
    AGM Battery Upgrade
    6000 Series Fantastic Fan Upgrade
    Handicap Access Grab Bars Internal Battery Isolator Flood / Back-up Lights
    Rear Bumper, stainless steel Alcan Cover, Raindrop
    Door Screen, pr.
    Galley Wind Screen, pr. Spare Tire
    Cooler Cozy
    Hi-Lo Mirror
    Table Extension - SUV
    Sink-top Cutting Board
    Galley Tray (pr.), Combo
    LP Gas Meter
    Teardrop 2" Receiver Hitch Cover - color ____?

We use keep telling ourselves that the wait will just makes the occasion when we actually receive the Raindrop that much more sweet :)

5. pbaker2225

pbaker2225 Junior Ranger Donating Member

It feels better when all the decisions are made. You can always change some things as long as the build hasn't started or too far along to.
    I really love my handicap grab bars and use them when moving from bed to sofa. I also have a short strap attached to each one and a strap going all the way under the mattress. I can snap the under strap to the grab bar strap on each side and then cinch them up as I lift the mattress and the strap will hold the mattress up while I riffle around in the under bed storage. The bars are also beautiful.

6. birder526

birder526 Novice

Mary and David,

Congrats to you! Very exciting! Wishing you happy trails!

7. Congratulations, you will love it. We picked up our 560 Ultra a year ago. It is a lot of fun.

8. Randy

Randy Ranger Donating Member

Congratulations, sounds like it will be a beauty!

Randy & Michelle

9. dmaaron

dmaaron Newbie

Thanks for all the kind words everyone!! Stoked to be a part of the community.

Pat, do you have any pictures of that strap set-up available? That sounds very interesting and practical.

10. GinaNBob

GinaNBob Novice

I wish we would have added the grab bars. We use the coat hooks to secure a rope from one side, under the mattress, then pull it tight to keep the mattress end up when we want to rummage in the bins. Works great. When not in use we just tuck under the edges of the mattress.
    Gina

11. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

Hello there - you've chosen some fine options. We have an older, simpler model and are pleased as punch with it. But there have been times (Death Valley and that awful heat wave across the mid west last year) when air conditioning would have made life, or at least sleep, a lot easier. And then there was that New Years Eve in Yosemite at 13 degrees...but I digress as usual.

So kudos on the options and on your new nestling. Those few months of waiting will soon be over and before you know it, the adventures will begin.

You're going to have such fun.

Have you decided on a name yet?

Camp On,

Sue and Jim

12. pbaker2225

pbaker2225 Junior Ranger Donating Member

I haven't taken any pictures of the straps and don't know how to post on this site. I bought the kind of buckles that are on back packs so I could lengthen and shorten the strap under the bed. I attached a short strap to the back end of each handicap bar. I slipped the long strap under the mattress. I make the strap under the mattress long enough so that I can snap it to the side straps without lifting the mattress. Then as I lift the mattress I shorten the strap. Go to the other side and do the same. I will be getting the camper out in the daylight and flushing the tanks soon. Then I can take some pictures and send by phone if you like.

13. dmaaron

dmaaron Newbie

Special Delivery! Camp-T-inn America arrived on Wednesday! Excited to get her out on our adventure! Needless to say it already has been an adventure, attached picture is on the way to the DMV... where the battery on the Jeep to a turn for the worst! Was fun all the same wouldn't have it any other way.

Also attached are a couple of pictures from the delivery and dinner with Cary as well as Mike and Shelia Lundsford who came down from Goleta for the festivities. IMG_0682.JPG IMG_0690.JPG IMG_0680.JPG IMG_0682.JPG IMG_0690.JPG IMG_0680.JPG IMG_0683.JPG IMG_0682.JPG IMG_0690.JPG IMG_0680.JPG IMG_0683.JPG
    IMG_0682.JPG

Attached Files:

birder526, Jenn, Randy and 1 other person like this.
  14. dmaaron

dmaaron Newbie

I have no idea why the same pictures posted so many times :)

15. Les Izmore

Les Izmore Junior Ranger

Hmm.. What were you guys drinking at dinner, and was that the main course? ;-)

16. JeremyB

JeremyB Junior Ranger Donating Member

Congrats!!! Looking forward to more pics!!!

17. rgupnorth

rgupnorth Junior Ranger Donating Member

Looks like a nice rig you have - enjoy your travels.

Bob

18. Congratulations! And Enjoy!

19. Cary Winch

Cary Winch Camp-Inn Staff

Just got back from that trip. That was one really great day with Dave, Mary, Mike and Sheila!

Thanks Dave for the Neptune's Net suggestion the next day. Sat on the beach and watched the surfers for awhile there before heading back to Utah.

And yes, Dave really is that tall.

Cary

birder526, Evan and Jenn like this.
  20. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

Dave will make good use of the extra length in the 560. :)

birder526 likes this.