$6 WINDPROOF Stainless Steel Paper Towel Holder

Discussion in 'Custom Additions' started by Les Izmore, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Les Izmore

Les Izmore Junior Ranger

Here's yet another paper towel holder, made with a $5 Walmart Stainless Steel paper towel holder and a dollar store dog collar. Simply mount the paper towel holder using the two screws that it comes with, placing the dog collar between the base of the towel holder and the rear hatch rib. The pressure created by screwing the holder into the rib will keep the collar from moving. You'll want a thick (1" or wider) nylon collar, as they provide decent stiffness. By mounting it as shown you can open and close it with one hand, and it is also possible to cinch it with one hand. It's cheap and it works great - no amount of wind will unroll those paper towels, even if it isn't cinched tight.

[​IMG]

dustinp and mariusz like this.
  2. rollsandgravy

rollsandgravy Newbie

Very nice! I may try that

3. hiadventurer

hiadventurer Junior Ranger

I use something similar...a steel choke collar just slide it on the roll, weight of it keeps the paper from rolling out, when using just hang on end of roll...works great...

4. Doug & Amber

Doug & Amber Junior Ranger Donating Member

At the Texas Teardrop Roundup we met some cool teardrop folks and learned some tips and tricks. One trick we learned was from Jay & Valerie. They use Viva paper towels as they slightly stick together and if the wind blows, the roll does not unfurl.

5. Jim Carter

Jim Carter Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

So I have this paper towel hold and a dog collar.

The question now is, Which side of the hatch do I attach it to? Over the sink or to the right, away from the sink?

Comments?

Jim

Ken & Peggy likes this.
  6. Randy

Randy Ranger Donating Member

Ha ha, that would be a good poll question. I'm an over the sink guy myself!

7. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Sink

8. mariusz

mariusz Junior Ranger

Cool .. and inexpensive, may actually do it

9. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

I use flour sack dish towels. They are quick to absorb water and to dry.