A "9"

Discussion in 'Main Dishes' started by Hilditch, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Hilditch

Hilditch Novice

Dinner for 2, but it can be multiplied out of course.

A few days before going camping have fettuccine with ground beef tomato sauce and an Italian sausage on the side for dinner. Cook too much of everything.

When camping coat a one or two qt. DO liberally with olive oil. Some on the outside won’t hurt it. Then add the following layers in order:

Coarsely chopped cooked fettuccine, ground beef tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, 1 link 1/4” sliced cooked Italian sausage, more fettuccine, ground beef tomato sauce, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Top with a sprinkle of oregano. A 1 qt. pot should be full.

Set the pot on a few coals to get hot while the “Tastes like Trusello’s Bread” cooks and you open that bottle of wine.

Hilditch, 1%er

2. AnnaSteve

AnnaSteve Novice

You sound like a good cook.Steve :)

3. Oysterpot

Oysterpot Moderator Staff Member

Sounds goods. It would be a good dish for a Pot Luck as well.

4. Hilditch

Hilditch Novice

Thanks Steve.

Potlucks: I have found Italian dishes and chili are the worst things that one can eat at a potluck. They go well with nothing. Not even the hours old wimpy salad or the tasteless french bread. Then again, potlucks suck - period!

Hilditch, 1%er

5. Oysterpot

Oysterpot Moderator Staff Member

Hey, that's whats so great about us humans, we are none the same.
    I don't share your opinion of potlucks. I have met a lot of great people at the potlucks as well as the camp-outs that go with them. Yes I avoid the churchy and school potlucks, but the ones with the fellow campers and fellow DO cooks is great.

IMHO

6. mcjimjam

mcjimjam Junior Ranger Donating Member

Great recipe Hilditch! We tried it this week, using our own homemade Bolognese sauce made from our homegrown tomatoes, lots of veggies, sweet italian sausage, and ground beef. We brought the sauce ,frozen, in a ziploc bag and it was thawed by night 3- perfect. We'll be enlarging the recipe to feed to two of our teardrop camper couples during our planned trip for next month.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]