A Bit Of A Sad Day

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Jay & Valerie, Jun 5, 2016.

1. Jay & Valerie

Jay & Valerie Ranger Donating Member

Well, it's a bit of a sad day here. As some of you know, my daughter and granddaughter have been living with us since last sept. when my daughter's husband got deployed (he's in the Navy). Well, he coming back at the end of June so my daughter and my little Gummibear flew back to VA this morning to start setting up house for his return.

It's ironic because when they first moved in with us, I still had one at home and so my wife and I could not wait for the empty nest. I forgot just how much joy a little one brings into the home. Now that they are gone, I finally get that empty nest feeling I have heard others talk about.

I am happy for my daughter and her husband because it has been a long deployment and he is finally going to get some quality time with his daughter but it's definitely very quiet around the house now.

WP_20160506_14_52_08_Rich.jpg

Randy likes this.
  2. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

Trip Planning...

... Now is the time to get some camping/exploring in... you can "Razzle Dazzle" them with photos, live videos etc... as you travel...
    fun..

birder526 likes this.
  3. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

I feel your pain. Those little ones fill up a house! Our grandson lives 30 minutes away and it's tough to watch them leave after every visit. I have a feeling there'll be a bit of traveling between TX & VA...

4. Jay & Valerie

Jay & Valerie Ranger Donating Member

Yes, I expect there will be some. My wife has it better than I do because she "retired" once the baby was born so she could go visit whenever she wanted. As I travel frequently for work, she has access to my air miles (currently about 500K) so she can go as often as she would like.

5. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Peggy 'retired' when our Max was born, too. It's nice to be able to take that time to spend with these precious new grandkids.
    20160605_150957-01.jpeg

Mick'nSarah likes this.
  6. Mark & Casandra

Mark & Casandra Junior Ranger

With kids home from college for the summer, we've got a full house (4 kids to be exact) ..........I'll be happy to loan you a few to ease your pain!
    Casandra

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
    Ken & Peggy likes this.
  7. birder526

birder526 Novice

Sorry to hear you're feeling bittersweet and a bit sad. Hope your hearts feel lighter tomorrow.