Update A Dream Realized...

Discussion in 'Announcements & Build Journals' started by Duke, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Duke

Duke Newbie

Our first encounter with Camp-Inn trailers was at the Camp-Outt about 5 years ago. My wife Laurie and I day-tripped to the event in order to see some teardrop trailers. I was starting a build and wanted to get some inspiration. Unfortunately, we arrived late and missed out on the factory tour.

Naturally, I gravitated to the home built trailers attending because of my build. But we were mesmerized by the Camp-Inn trailers and their obvious quality. We inspected every CI present, and asked a ton of questions. On the drive home, we critiqued all the trailers we had seen. When the topic turned to Camp-Inn trailers, we could only look at each other and say "Maybe Someday".

Over the course of time the teardrop build was scrapped, and we purchased a used Lil' Guy trailer. I have modified and updated the trailer to add more amenities, but regrettably, the trailer is so small Laurie refuses to sleep in it because of a feeling of claustrophobia. We both love camping but our current trailer just falls short of the mark.

So we are very happy and proud to say we just mailed in our contract for a 550 Classic SUV to be delivered early next year. The opportunity arose to purchase and we decided to seize it, and not put off owning a Camp-Inn to some undetermined later date. We both love the blend of retro styling and modern materials and conveniences, executed with an amazing attention to detail. I know we will be enjoying our 550 for many years to come.

Duke & Laurie

2. AnnaSteve

AnnaSteve Novice

Duke & Laurie welcome and you made the right choice it took you awhile but you made it. :)

3. Biggie

Biggie Novice

Duke & Laurie - Congratulations!!! We are so happy for you. You will LOVE camping in your 550 - glad you did not put it off any longer. Have fun with planning for your new adventures over the upcoming months. Welcome!! - Julie

4. Duke

Duke Newbie

Hi Jenn. Yes, that was me. We met at Badger Park in Peshtigo, WI. I had just come out of the river after detecting and your Camp-Inn caught my eye as I was leaving.

We met again at the Camp-Outt last year. I've been following your travels across the country here on the forum.

Naturally I'm excited, but I think my wife Laurie is more excited. We went to the factory for a tour last week and she was blown away. We dont even have a build date yet, and she's started a buy list for the trailer already.

Will you be at this year's Camp-Outt?

5. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

Duke and Laurie,

Good for you. You've just made one of the best investments in your life. That is to say: an investment IN life. We will meet in CICO. Just look for Jenn and we'll be close by. Until then,

Camp On

Sue and Jim

Jenn-

Yeah, a long time and a long distance ago for you and Peshtigo. We'll be adding 7,000 plus miles on Spamalot with this next trip. See you in Wisconsin.

Sue