Amco 8344 Ss Paper Towel Holder

Discussion in 'Other Gear & Equipment' started by Towbert, Dec 1, 2014.

1. Towbert

Towbert Novice

Finally found one on E Bay for $7.00. Had anyone told me a year ago that I would get excited about a paper towel holder, I would have called them a liar. Offically happy in Tucson, AZ.

2. birder526

birder526 Novice

I'm intrigued by your excitement about a paper towel holder! So we need to know more about it! Share the details!

3. Randy

Randy Ranger Donating Member

I found a brand new one on Ebay also! I think I paid about the same, wonder if it was the same seller.

Randy

4. Towbert

Towbert Novice

Not my idea, but found out about it on the Forum. This has been described as the perfect PT holder by others. Trouble is that they are no longer sold anywhere, I have searched online, old hardware stores, even thrift shops, until this one popped up on E Bay.

5. Mark_inMA

Mark_inMA Novice

6. Chuckwagon

Chuckwagon Junior Ranger

Are they still on e-bay? I'd like to buy one. Please post the link if they are available.

Thanks!

7. Towbert

Towbert Novice

Unfortunately no. The one listed was used (like new) from a Thrift Shop on E Bay.

8. Randy

You can insert a permanant search on Ebay that will notify you when one becomes available, that's how I found mine.

9. birder526

birder526 Novice

Love the excitement a retro paper towel holder can generate among us adults!

10. Randy

Ha ha! I was down right giddy when I won the auction!

11. Chuckwagon

Chuckwagon Junior Ranger

Thanks for your help Randy!

12. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

Yah, I have the simple version and ended up putting/hanging a pot holder pad to keep it from unwinding..

I just run the loop end of the Pot holder through and around to the top level bar and then put the paper roll on it...

don't have a pic, I don't think..

13. Jim Carter

Jim Carter Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

I know this is a bit of an old thread but I was wondering what the features you like about this model that makes it so special?

14. Randy

It''s stainless steel and completely wind proof. To dispense a paper towel you simply lift up slightly and pull. I still get a kick out of it every time I tear one off. It was quite nerve wracking installing it as it represented the first two holes I drilled into my new rig. I measured 15 times and drilled once :) and coated the screws with bees wax before tightening them. It's holding fast three years later!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
    Ken & Peggy likes this.
  15. Randy

16. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

Don't laugh. I wanted to ask but didn't have the nerve.

Jenn and Randy like this.
  17. Gypsy

Gypsy Junior Ranger Donating Member

Darn! Already sold!

18. Randy

OK, who got it?