Another 4K+ Mile Trip!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dahava, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Dahava

Dahava Novice

Home again, fresh from the road and a 4000+ mile trip with our 560!

It never gets old... :)

2. Mark & Casandra

Mark & Casandra Junior Ranger

So where did you go? What did you see & do? Where are the photos? No photos means it didn't happen! :)

Casandra

3. Dahava

Dahava Novice

Ha! Well...we like to head to Western NY in the summers. East Aurora, NY...the home of America's simplicity movement in the late 1890s and early 1900s. Home to Roycroft, the Arts & Crafts movement...all around All-American small village. Google it. Great place. Even has a the country's largest old original 5 & 10 called Vidler's.

Then on to DC to visit family. I also attended a reunion from an old unit I was in back in the day.

Then on to Winter Garden, FL...another beautiful small town. Then home to the Texas heat here in San Antonio!

4. Mark & Casandra

Google is a dangerous place for me. I get lost in there for hours! (See Eric & Joan's Potomac River post this week in the General Photo Gallery).

Your "reunion from an old unit".....did you serve in the military?

Mother Nature most definitely has finally remembered it is summer in Texas! We had it fairly mild up until the past 2 weeks or so, but I'm afraid it's going to be brutal from now until mid to late September. I just keep dreaming, "CAMPINN TAKE ME AWAY!!!!" (think old Calgon commercials)..........but no trips on the horizon for us until the end of August when we take/move not 1, but 2 of our kids to college in Missouri this year.

Casandra

5. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

Whoa! That's some trek. Love upper NY - especially when the apples are ripe! Oh, those Cortland apples..

And, yes, it never, ever gets old in the CI.

Camp on,

Sue

6. Dahava

Dahava Novice

Cassandra-

I know what you mean about Google! All too often I follow a Google-rabbit down the hole and find myself lost for hours!

Oh, and yes...I was in the military for around 27 years and Vanessa was in for 10. The reunion was a first and consisted of folks who used to do presidential security and secure visiting heads of state, etc. It was a last minute thing for me and I was able to see a bunch of guys I served with back in the Reagan years. It was great!

7. Mark & Casandra

Dan,

The reunion (and kind of work that my mind is imagining you must have done) sounds awesome! And a big THANK YOU to you and Vanessa both for your service to this great nation! We would not enjoy the freedoms of everyday life as we know it......or traveling and loving our CampInn lifestyle like we do if it were not for folks like you who sacrifice and make it possible! Our oldest son served in the Marine Corp (Combat Engineer who saw combat in Afghanistan), so I know just a little bit of what it's all about.

Casandra

8. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

Dan & Vanessa,
    Good to see you're back on the road again... awful quiet there for a while...

See you one the Vid Cam... heheh, fun..

9. Dahava

Dahava Novice

Casandra-
    Thanks so much! We sure enjoyed our time in the military and it was a pleasure to serve. That said..."retirement" and traveling in our CampInn is lots of fun, too!

Plz pass along our thanks to your, son, too. No doubt, he had a tough job in Afghanistan as a Combat Engineer. Hope he had a successful tour and returned unscathed. I was there in the Fall and Winter of 2001, Spring of '02 and again in 2004-2005. Beautiful place, but I wouldn't take our CampInn off road!

Cheers!

10. Dahava

Dahava Novice

Frank!!

Yeah...we've been laying a little low, lately ;) Vid cam-wise, too!

Hope all is well with you!