Anyone see Container Wars last night?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cary Winch, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Cary Winch

Cary Winch Camp-Inn Staff

So, I got a email today from a customer saying there was a Camp-Inn on the show Container Wars last night. He said it, and another teardrop, where found in a unclaimed container from Ireland. Of course I am sure it is scripted BS but still fun to see.

I didn't see the episode, it airs again Sun night Feb 10th. Anyone here see it last night? Anyone?

Here is a clip though from the show's website showing the Camp-Inn:
    http://www.trutv.com/video/container-wars/unlucky-hawaiian-shirt.html

Cary

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  2. jfocallag

jfocallag Junior Ranger Donating Member

I wonder if they had the teardrop valued. It is probably worth more than they got for the musical instruments if it is a real CI. It didn't look like it was.

3. But that really was a Camp Inn, right?

4. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Didn't look like it from what I saw. Doors were wrong. Hatch was wrong. But those windows looked like a CI.

5. djkline

djkline Novice

I see what looks like two different trailers in that shot. When they first remove the dust cover it is clearly the front of a CI then they switch view and go to a totally different teardrop. They mention that "there is another one back there" when wheeling the one out so it looks like that one with the instruments was a trailer I don't recognize and the second one was a CI.

6. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

The one in the back is a real CI...It is also the same one the guy is opening the door on while the other guy is opening the hatch. However, in the next shot, the teardrop they take the instruments from is not the CI but the other teardrop, which, judging by the hatch trim, fenders, tail lights, porch light, & doors, looks like a Little Guy Silver Shadow.

:cool:

7. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Ah, I missed the reference to a 2nd teardrop.

8. Funny how with two trailers, the emphasis of the show seemed to be wondering about the values of the musical instruments and not the trailers themselves (or "The Sleepers as one of them referred to one of the tears.)

9. Jean W

Jean W Junior Ranger Donating Member

Educated eyes will notice there are two different teardrops. One a Camp Inn and other a Silver Shadow.

Clearly scripted show. Dust should be flying from dust covers.

At least the show will generate interest in teardrops. Thanks for the free teardrop advertising.