Anyone want to share their detailing recommendatio

Discussion in 'Care & Maintenance' started by Quinny, Jun 14, 2015.

1. Quinny

Quinny Novice

We just took custody of our new to us 2011 560 Ultra and are quite smitten. The previous family took great care of her, but I'm interested in doing a head to toe cleaning and general upkeep. Other than the general cleaning and water tank maintenance does anyone have any suggestions? The stove is pretty rusty but I found a previous post about that, sounds like most people recommend seasoning it like any other cast iron...

Thanks for any advice. It seems slightly overwhelming when you don't know where to start!

And thanks to everyone in this community for being so darned awesome. I'm in love with our trailer, but it was the posts I read on this forum that convinced me to proceed with my mid life crisis. ;) I figured that if the kind of people who are posting here are the kind of people who buy Camp Inns, it was a club I would like to belong to!

2. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

Well, welcome to the club! Yes, we are all more than slightly enthusiastic (looney) about our CIs and anything to do with camping.

General cleaning and a hose-out and light bleach wash of the tank is about it. A soapy wash after each trip is all we do for the exterior and any build-up on the stainless steel fenders can be worked off with a certain scrub pad - I forget the name, so ask Cary or maybe someone can jump in here.

We tried the Walberize once. That was enough. It's a lot of work and lots has been discussed in the maintenance section of this forum. In short, we decided to let her age gracefully...and save our arms.

Your best bet is to run through all the old threads in the forum's maintenance section. That should cover pretty much any questions you have. And if not - ask. Everyone is happy to help.

Have fun... Oh, have you named your trailer yet? She has to have a name.

Camp on,

Sue and Jim

3. hiadventurer

hiadventurer Junior Ranger

Only owned ours for a few months. After getting WALL E home gave him a good bath with dawn liquid soap. Used the 3M marine wax (talked about in forum) easy on and off. Left a nice finish. When I wash now make sure it is well rinsed then use a shower squeegee to get off excess water then hand dry with a microfiber towel. Works great no water spots or streaking..Then push in garage. Just don't wash and dry in sun....use stainless steel cleaner in galley (just little goes a long way). If you need the brighten up fender...purple scotch bright works well, just rub in same direction as current marks in steel.

4. Quinny

Quinny Novice

Thanks guys!

I'll look into the marine wax but am definitely going for the patina look (for me, for the trailer! ).

No name yet. Inaugural trip this weekend. Maybe she'll reveal her true self to me then...

Things seemed a bit overwhelming until I got in and just started playing around. Then I realized how simple and self explanatory everything is!

5. hiadventurer

hiadventurer Junior Ranger

Just returned from a 12 day trip to Southwest. 3000 plus miles.Trailer pretty dirty when we got home. Hand washed looks great....wax did its job...impressive....

6. Chuck

Chuck Novice

Just wanted to ask how to remove finger prints from the aluminum. Our TD is getting lots of love from friends and family, unfortunately that seems to include way to many fingerprints. I think I recall being told to use a bit of rubbing alcohol on a soft cloth. Any other recommendations?