Apple Enchilladas

Discussion in 'Desserts' started by Oysterpot, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Oysterpot

Oysterpot Moderator Staff Member

I made these tonight, Very easy and a good camp desert.
    Recipe courtesy of Dutchoven Madness

Apple Enchiladas

1 21oz can Apple Pie Filling
    1 package Flour Tortillas(large size)
    1 stick butter melted
    ½ cup brown sugar
    ½ cup sugar
    ½ cup water
    1 tablespoon cinnamon

Spoon about 2 tablespoons of pie filling into the center of each tortilla and roll it up. Place the rolled tortilla seam side down in a 12” Dutch oven. In a separate mixing bowl mix the melted butter, water, sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon together. Pour this mixture over the tortillas and bake at 350º (full ring on top and bottom) for 20 minutes.

This one is so simple but so good. and you can get the kids to help with the roll ups. In my book it is a win-win
    ade these tonight. Very easy, I think a good one to make camping.

2. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

I made those last week but used fresh apples mixed with a combo of cin., nutmeg, clove, lemon juice & a small amount of sugar. Then cut the amount of sugar in the sauce. They were good but still a tad too sweet. Will cut sugar even more next time. Good with ice cream. :D

I've tried several of her recipes with good results. :)

:cool:

3. Oysterpot

At home I would go with your way, but at the camp site I would use the "easy" way. I agree with the sweetness, and I would use the 8" tortilla verses the 12". From there the recipe could be reduced to a smaller pot. But ooooh the left overs are great!

4. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

I did make them at home...I do find that I cut the sugars in a lot of her dessert recipes (and this is coming from one who has a sweet tooth! :D )

5. Oysterpot

I try to cut the sugars in most recipes, but on my 1st try I follow recipe as written.

6. I gained a pound just reading this thread... yummm, I need to try this recipe.

7. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

Oh my! Then you definitely don't want to attend any teardrop gatherings! Good food is always in abundance! :)