Bal Leveler

Discussion in 'Other Gear & Equipment' started by GhostOrchid, Dec 19, 2017.

1. GhostOrchid

GhostOrchid Junior Ranger

Wondering whether anyone has experience with the BAL trailer leveler that works by raising a tire.

With age, aftereffects of a broken wrist, and stiffness of the stabilizer jacks, I find it increasingly difficult to level the trailer side-to-side using the scissor stabilizer jacks. This thing looks like it could be just the ticket. I wonder, though, whether it would just compress the torsion axle, and whether that would end up being harmful over time.

upload_2017-12-19_16-8-52.jpeg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BH5MAA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2. Randy

Randy Ranger Donating Member

Interesting.....following

3. GhostOrchid

GhostOrchid Junior Ranger

Upon further consideration, occurs to me that my concern about compressing the torsion axle can be alleviated by just putting down the stabilizer jacks after leveling the low side with the leveler. then backing off the leveler. Maybe that’s why the built-in scissors jacks are called “stabilizers” and not levelers.

4. gregangsten

gregangsten Junior Ranger

Another solution for you is to use a rechargeable 18V drill with a socket bit to drive those jacks. That was discussed somewhere on the forum previously and is where I got the idea. It works great. When dirt gets in those threads and the trailer is loaded it's the only way to go.