Blue Willow Lavender Farm, Gig Harbor, WA

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by KathyBob, Jun 1, 2012.

1. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

After all our talk of Sequim, WA, (home of many lavender farms) last weekend at Mossyrock, today Bob and I decided on a whim to visit the Blue Willow Lavender Farm on the Key Peninsula in Western Washington. The proprietors, Bill and Tracy, could not have been more delightful! Bill took us on a tour of the farm and then, of course, we picked up lavender sachets for the TD, a couple of lavender plants, and the makings of lemon-lavender scones. There are two Washington State Parks nearby: Joemma Beach and Penrose Point. So, if you're in that area, think about stopping.

www.bluewillowlavenderfarm.com

Kathy

2. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

Hey Evan and Ken,

What do you guys think about adding a section for must-see stops, similar to what we have for the campgrounds. Seems like a lot of that stuff is starting to gather in the 'Excursions' spot, rather than in the campgrounds, but might be cool to have a little something where folks can post about places they found (favorite pie places seem to be popular, and who doesn't like pie?). Maybe we could set it up by region and go from there. Just an idea.

Kathy, I might have to take a trip there soon. I love lavender! Sounds fantastic!

3. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

Sarah, they have a delightful story of how they got from California to this place. The lavender was just starting to show color, so should be in full bloom in about three weeks. There is a festival in July. Kathy