ID Private CG Private RV Boise-Meridian KOA (Meridian)

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Mick'nSarah, Jul 27, 2014.

1. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

Hi all!

I am not usually a big fan of KOAs (that is a different style of camping than I enjoy, and you can see why in my first picture on my review), but I decided to check one out on our way home a couple of weeks ago. I just needed something close to Boise (it was close to the half way point between Moab and PDX), I wanted to be close to the freeway, and was basically looking for something that felt safe and might have a pool. This met my requirements, but it isn't really a place I would want to stay more than a night. It was nice, but not my style.

You can read my full review here:
    http://havekidwillteardrop.wordpre...ground-review-boise-meridian-koa-meridian-id/

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  2. birder526

birder526 Novice

Hi,

So glad you put a link to your blog! I just visited and read some entries, and it is now bookmarked! It will fill a need -- when I want to be on the road, but I am at my desk working, I can travel vicariously!!

Thanks,
    Diane

3. Les Izmore

Les Izmore Junior Ranger

Sorry I didn't notice this earlier. We're about four miles off the freeway, but close to main roads, and so easy to find. You would have been welcome here. We don't have a pool, but we've got trees and a 30' RV pad on the west side of the house. Once Lana got to know you, she'd make certain you were safe (and if you were lucky, she'd teach to you play ball - she's a very good teacher). But we'll be selling later this spring, and the new house a quarter mile away and on a tiny lot, though there is room to park on the street.

I didn't even know there was a KOA in town. There's a county campground operated by Good Sam down by the Boise River in Garden City. It's been around a while, so what trees they have are mature. It is next to the stables for the racetrack, so you won't want to camp on that side if the wind is coming from the SE (unless perhaps you are nostalgic for those sorts of aromas). I don't know much more about it, but if we end up selling before our tenants move, we're thinking about living there for a while. The prices look pretty reasonable for an urban campground (it's probably about 5 miles from the center of downtown Boise and two miles from Alea's job). I guess now we have a second option - the Meridian KOA (but that's farther from her work).