Brief Adventure

Discussion in 'Adventures & Excursions' started by Warren Mary Ellen, Apr 23, 2017.

1. We had a brief camping adventure this weekend. Friday after work pulled Jeremiah up to Oconee State Park. I work on Cycling Charity Event Ride in that county. Since having our 560 Ultra we have camped here each because it puts me closer to the event. My wife can do what she wants while go work with the ride. This was a place we have always camped at including in our Tent days. Finally, after years of trying we had Campsite #16 which is on the lake in the campground and has s a really pretty view of the lake.

The forecast for Saturday night into Sunday had always been iffy but we decided to go anyway. Saturday was a beautiful day here with temperatures near 80. As I headed back up the mountain to get to the campground, I stopped to check the weather and the forecast was worse now than before. When I arrived back, we decided rather than pack up in the morning in the rain with 2 dogs we would break camp then. It has a rained here all day and we don't have a great place to dry out wet side tents, alcoves, etc since we don't have a garage. Both of us have some busy days this week and on Thursday after work, we leave for Pittsburgh to pick up our daughter who is finishing up her Freshman year at Pitt. One thing we have to is shuttle our Outback to the dealer for the recall we got on the passenger side air bag. The dealer is 30 Miles away so we have to take it Monday and return Tuesday evening to pick up.

So we hated we didn't get to enjoy Site #16 and I really didn't since I was gone all day working. We did accomplish one thing, we tried the bungy cords with our Alcove and they held overnight through an overnight thunderstorm. And while breaking camp a mother Wood Duck came through the campsite with 10 little ones. See attached pics for Ducks and a view from an overlook near Oconee State Park with a great view. Wigington Overlook.

Attached Files:

Tom & Diana P likes this.