Cabin Net Storage

Discussion in 'Custom Additions' started by Dean Pinter, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Dean Pinter

Dean Pinter Newbie

Just got done installing some extra storage to the footwell area in the cabin of our 560 classic and thought I'd share. I picked up some small cargo nets from Cabelas and installed them under the shelves.

Rig Rite BOATGO Storage Net : Cabela's

I got the small console net and installed one on each side above our feet for miscellaneous storage. I like it for putting pants or socks or whatnot for quick retrieval in the middle of the night or first thing in the morning. I've found that if i just toss the stuff at my feet at bedtime, they end up getting lost from sleeping and the dog moving around.

net:empty.JPG

net:full.JPG

Net:under.JPG

I mounted the hooks 23 3/4" apart from side to side and 10 1/2" front to back.
    The lights underneath are a a Sylvania Dot led light:

Sylvania 36051 Silver Linear Dot It Portable LED Light, Silver - Tap Lights - Amazon.com

and a Goal Zero Luna light:

Amazon.com: Goal Zero Luna LED Light: Automotive

This should be the most useful addition since I mounted the bottle opener in the galley!

Gypsy, Jenn, GhostOrchid and 3 others like this.
  2. mariusz

mariusz Novice

Very cooool

3. Brian & Lucy

Brian & Lucy Novice

Like the nets!

4. Gypsy

Gypsy Newbie

Thanks for,sharing the ideas and links! Looks like another project for my list.

5. Bear

Bear Junior Ranger

Great concept! It will certainly do the job!

But I can tell you from personal experience, that any storage compartments added to area described above sure puts a hindrance on performance and the ability to enjoy those intimate romantic nights with a significant other. Just thought I'd share that for laughs---though it is very true.

There you have it, my four cents for whatever it is worth.

Walk in Beauty,

BEAR

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
    AlCat likes this.
  6. Busy B

Busy B Newbie

Dean - thanks for posting this. I added a couple of the nets you referenced and I really like the extra storage.
    Given the A/C drain pipe, I had to offset one side, but there is still plenty of room for both nets.
    While you didn't mention it in your post, your photo's show a really good adjustment - that is to flip the loop under the net which shortens the width and allows it to perfectly.