Inquiry Calling All Texans! ( Or Wannabees!)

Discussion in 'Gatherings' started by Ladymc, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Ladymc

Ladymc Novice

I've been off this forum for quite a while due to unforseen circumstances. I'm ladymc and I'm B-A-A-A-A-CK!

Bill and I would like to have a Gathering, Texas Style in late September and I've gleaned all the Texas names from the User list. Some are on this forum and others haven't posted in a LONG time. I've sent emails or PM's to as many as I could but I have 4 that I'm sure aren't viewing this forum so won't receive my PM's. If anyone out there knows a CI Texas owner that they could spread the word to, I'd sure appreciate it. If you're a Texan and are on this forum, please check your Private Messages - you've got mail! Oh! And if any of you Cajuns or other closer CI owners would like to join us, come on over to God's Country! I'll post more when I can get some interest - I already have one yes! So now we are two! Despise not small beginnings!

2. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

Texas...?? Um, it's pretty big, where abouts??? and just a heads up, it might conflict with the CICO at end of Sept.
    Never been to a Texas BBQ, might be fun...

Ahhhh, right near Huston, TX

fun...

3. Ladymc

Ladymc Novice

That's Youston to ya'll! Us Texans know how to talk right!

On the serious side:
    I wasn't try to compete with Necedah - I'm just available that weekend! Trying to sandwich it in between cataract surgery and a trip to Arkansas to keep grandbabies for 10 days! But I figuered (that's actually figgered, but I'm trying to be politically correct) that all us Texans are so far away that they might want to stay home and do a meet'n greet with a few other folks down here!
    Since this is the first one, those helping set up and attending would be considered charter members. We can select a more appropriate date for next year. But let's see if we can even pull one off for THIS year first!

ANOTHER DATE: FIRST WEEKEND IN OCTOBER - that way we won't conflict with Necedah. But I need any help and/or suggestions anyone can provide!

An aside: Texas is neither west nor south - it's TEXAS! We're looking at some places to get it set up and ideas to pull it off - I'm an organizer, but need all the help I can get! (Hadn't thought of people from Washington or anywhere else coming! WOW!!!!) Betsey might just whack me one...gulp!

4. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

Well, I mentioned as after the CICO I'm head'n right on down to NM, pass'n through the Great State of Texas.. but won't be able to make it...
    It was just a pass'n thought Y'all... heheh... fun..

5. Ladymc

Ladymc Novice

I just read your post about that 5 mins.ago! Darn! Well, so far I 've got a majority of ONE, but that can grow. I just need some Texans to step up and make some suggestions about WHERE we want to do this as a group. I have to make some calls about groups, etc. to see who WILL let us do it, rates, etc. Small beginnings but we'll get'r done, hopefully...

6. Snudley

Snudley Novice

Linda,

As usual, everything happens at once. From mid September to mid October, "Rollin' Rosie" is off on her first real, long distance adventure up the Blue Ridge Parkway and beyond.

I've been wondering when there might be some kind of gathering in our part of the world. I hate to miss it.

Thanks for the invite and taking the initiative.

7. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

Linda,

Most gatherings take place in state or county parks and aren't held in a group site. Generally, a park is chosen and an area within the park is designated as the "place." This info is posted on the forums and people then make their own reservations individually (usually online). Unless you already know it is going to be a large number of people, contacting the park to let them know you're coming isn't necessary.

Number One rule: Keep it simple. Don't schedule lots of things to do. Most times, a Saturday night pot luck and maybe a Friday evening of appetizers is as fancy as it gets. Often, people just like to get together, relax, visit, & play a game or two. Letting people know what there is to see & do in the area is a good idea. Farmer's Markets, antiquing, yard sales, local festivals, historical places are all things people can do if and when they are so moved.

Remember, you are on teardrop time!

Have fun!

:cool:

8. Linda,
    I would love to have a reason to come down to Texas. You may want to consider if having it next year that those not hmmm...retired yet... have to plan in advance for big trips. Some put vacations in for the year in January.

Hope y'all have a great time!

9. Steve & Peggy

Steve & Peggy Newbie

Linda, thanks for kicking this off - it's a great idea. Hopefully we can find a date that works sometime this fall for an inaugural CampInn meet-up in Texas!

Look forward to it.

10. Dahava

Dahava Novice

Oh yeah! Bring it on! We may not have our CampInn yet but after spending 21 nights in a row in our 560 rental we can't wait to meet up with some other CampInn owners! We'll be there... It may be in a tent, but we'll be there!!

11. Ladymc

Ladymc Novice

This is the hardest post I think I've ever made on this site...

Bill had another stroke 2 days ago and is still in the hospital. He's ok, but weak. Bottom line is, there is no way I can do the gathering. I was SO looking forward to meeting some of ya'll...I love your pic Dan and Vanessa. TexBix, Dan and Vanessa - ANYBODY - take the bull by the horns and just DO IT!

Please forgive me- I'm crying...ya'll PLEASE get together somehow, someway, somewhere, sometime...Love all you guys...and thanks for understanding....Linda (ladymc)

12. jfocallag

jfocallag Junior Ranger Donating Member

Linda, my prayers are with you and Bill. Take care.

13. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

Linda- so sorry; prayers go out for you both

14. AnnaSteve

AnnaSteve Novice

Linda & Bill we will keep you in our prayers.

15. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Sorry to hear about your Bill, Linda. We will be keeping you both in our thoughts.

16. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

Bill & Linda, Our prayers and thoughts are with you and our hopes for a speedy recovery.

Jim & Sue