Camping Enthusiasts

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by Lynne & Scott, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Lynne & Scott

Lynne & Scott Junior Ranger Donating Member

Greetings from beautiful South Dakota! We are outdoor enthusiasts who have yet to be a part of the Camp-Inn family but look forward to finding the right unit. (Yes, we are in the market). The beauty of these units (both 550 & 560 are show stoppers), owners testimonials (WOW you guys LOVE your Camp-Inns) and resale values (not that we plan on selling it) have led us up this road and we are eager to begin the journey. We have been avid tenters who are ready for more convenience as we plan to explore the backroads. Any advice, tips or tricks you may have, are welcome. Thanks to CampInn for building such reputable units - made in the USA!

2. StewUtah

StewUtah Novice

Welcome! We just picked our 550 up last Saturday! Also, my dad grew up in Aberdeen, and my mom Miller, SD

Lynne & Scott likes this.
  3. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

Welcome to the forum. Camping/traveling in a tiny camper is a wonderful experience. My 560 is my second teardrop. I owned a Little Guy that I used for about ten years. The difference between them is like night and day and although I have a decade of experience in the Little Guy I've found the CI to be a new learning experience.

4. Lynne & Scott

Hello Stew - thanks for the welcome! I saw your thread about looking for a camper - glad you found yours. My father is from Aberdeen - small world!

5. Lynne & Scott

Funny you would mention Little Guy. That was the other camper I had considered. The resale value and quality of construction is what has made me lean to purchasing a CampInn. As we spend less time working and more time freed up to travel- we are eager to begin this tiny camper experience!

6. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

I would not recommend a Little Guy to anyone. The quality of the build is very cheap. In the cabinets they had wiring that went from the galley to the cabin and they took the shortest route. Never mind it made the cabinets worthless. I had to completely rewire it from day 1.

7. mariusz

mariusz Junior Ranger

Welcome to the forum

8. Lynne & Scott

Thanks so much! It’s been fun reading all the threads from seasoned veterans!

9. Lynne & Scott

LONG OVERDUE UPDATE: We found the perfect camp inn for us - #831 'Eagles Nest'. Slightly used and ready for a new home. We have taken it out for a few nights (have had a blast!!) and are preparing for a trip we have dreamed of for years. We are heading from SD to the New England States at the end of September for a 3-4 week trip to see fall foliage. We have begun our list of 'must gets' (chock locks, hitch lock, portable toilet, campground book) before the journey and welcome any suggestions for a successful first long adventure.

Evan and Ken & Peggy like this.
  10. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Congrats on your new camper! Sounds like a great trip. I'd suggest you pack light - enough clothes for a week, knowing you can do laundry almost anywhere. Layers for warmth if needed instead of heavy coats. And maybe make a checklist of things that need doing for setup and takedown to be sure you dont forget anything. Helpful til it all becomes habit.
    And be sure to put up pictures when you get home!

11. Lynne & Scott

What great ideas! Yes, we plan to 'Laundromat it' as needed on the road. I am a list maker so I LOVE the idea of a laminated 'to set up' and 'to take down' reminder. Thank you for the tips! Yes, I hope to capture the beautiful fall colors and post them for all to enjoy~

12. Jim49

Jim49 Novice

So your coming this way in early September, you might be a little early for fall foliage end of September and early October are usually the prime times, it is weather dependent. Which states are you planning to visit? Sue and I live here and I can recommend some family owned campground if you like. Especially in northern Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine.

13. Lynne & Scott

Hi Jim - we are not going in early September - rather end of September and October. We may go there via Canada - Quebec - Toronto. Tentatively looking at Maine first - maybe Acadia. We enjoy national/state parks but would be open to a few family campgrounds (most of those offer showers and often the parks don’t). The through NH and into Vermont - down to MA to see relatives. Not sure a route that would make sense or be one to enjoy fall colors. Any advice is appreciated!

14. NH Wanderlust

NH Wanderlust Junior Ranger Donating Member

If your in the north western part of Maine check out South Arm Campground in Andover Maine on Richardson lake, Or the Rangley Lake State campground. If your coming by seacoast NH and need a place to park for the night just send me a message.

15. Jim49

Jim49 Novice

Glad to hear you will be there late September early October. If You go to Maine first and Mount Desert Island / Acadia National Park, here is the URL for the campground in the park Facility Details - BLACKWOODS CAMPGROUND, ME - Recreation.gov . I haven't read it this to verify the shower issue, it used to be you had to walk down the street outside the gate to a garage converted to showers. The camground that we use is Hadley's Point Campground Hadley's Point Campground Bar Harbor with wooded campsites and new cabins owners are on its third generation. You will see a Hadley road on the left after the fork on your way on the island heading towards Bar Harbor. In New Hampshire, Glenn/North Conway area we stay at Glenn Ellis Campground which is also family owned (on the second generation). We visit every Memorial Day weekend and stay in Site 100 which is a river front site and easy to drive into. Beware that Columbus Day weekend there will be thousands of leaf peepers. In Vermont, in the Lake Champlain area we stay at the Lone Pine Campground Information Shield: Securing Your Information site 34 is easy to get in and out of we use it when we go to the Burlington brewers festival each year. If there are any other recommendation you want just drop me a line.