Camping Options Near Seattle, Wa

Discussion in 'Trip Planning' started by Jay & Valerie, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Jay & Valerie

Jay & Valerie Ranger Donating Member

We will be spending some time in Washington and would love suggestions for camping near Seattle area. TIA
    Jay and Valerie

2. Jay & Valerie

Jay & Valerie Ranger Donating Member

Hey Jenn, we are moving to Redmond area in Jan/Feb. I am doing a year up there for work so we are hoping to get a lot of camping in while we are up there.

3. Brian & Lucy

Brian & Lucy Novice

I live in Texas, but grew up in WA! Multiple sides of Mount Rainier are amazing...we were at the Paradise side this summer. Amazing old growth trees at the camp grounds. Mount Baker and Shuksan...anywhere close...watch the sunrise as it hits the glacier of Shuksan. Lake Wenachee area. Camano Island State Park...my parents live on the island. My friends in Bellevue love it there for summer crabbing. Deception Pass State Park...a must stop. Bowman Bay is the other side of the bridge from Deception Pass SP...that where we'd anchor our boat for the night. Any of the San Juan Island sites. Horseshoe Cove on Baker Lake. It's really hard to go wrong up there...just a different kind of camping. . Don't forget the Columbia River Gorge area along the WA/OR border...particularly during the salmon runs...it's been good lately! Find the ones you like and consider their elevations. Some will be closed in the winter due to snowpack. enjoy!

4. Les Izmore

Les Izmore Junior Ranger

Yeah, after April! You can generally catch a few weeks of dry weather in early May. And then again from the week after the Fourth until the end of August. Of course it can be nice at any time up there (l lived there 33 years), just the odds are much more in your favor at those times.