Camping Review Subjects

Discussion in 'Campground & Park Reviews' started by Mick'nSarah, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

Hi everyone-

Apparently I have made so many suggestions, Evan has nominated and subsequently voted me in as Parks & Campgrounds moderator! :)

I am going to be going through all of your wonderful and insightful questions and reviews in this section and making the subjects more consistant in naming practice (for the reviews at least...questions may stay as are, unless there are reviews attached).

For your info, if you are adding reviews in the future, if you could follow this naming practice, I would love it!
    It looks like this: State Initials(space)-(space)Where Ever National Park (i.e. WA - Where Ever National Park).

As I am going through, I may also add contact info, websites, and campsite info (whatever is easiest or most insightful).

If you have other suggestions for me (or I have fouled up and need to be corrected), please let me know. I am very familiar with the Northwest, but less so with other parts of the country.

Hopefully this will make searches through the folders a little easier, and will also clear things up if several states have parks with very similar names.

Thanks!

2. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

kewl... like it...
    thanks for the info

3. Mick'nSarah

Thanks! Just finished up, so hopefully it makes it easier (and I didn't make too many mistakes) and with the extra info, people on the road can click and go...especially if you have a slow connection. Searches can take ages, so I would rather think I was getting what I need instead of loads of suggestions.

All of this reading about camping makes me want to get out there. Hopefully I will be in 2 weeks or so!

4. Mick'nSarah

My mom bought one for our trip out ti MN last year. I believe she got it through AAA. It works at a lot of the parks, but not all of them. Here is the link for the one we had:http://www.nps.gov/fees_passes.htm

It is per car, so you can take several people with you.

Hope that helps. I like your idea on the topic for links!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016