Catch up photos

Discussion in 'Photo Gallery' started by rushthecat, Jun 27, 2013.

1. rushthecat

rushthecat Novice

Well we are having a slow day in Wrangle. The ferry schedule required a 3 day stop here but I would avoid it in the future. 3 tours were of interest to us but one to see the bears at AnAn observatory doesn't start til next week (no bears because no fish yet) and the other was to a glacier and it only runs once a week unless the cruise boat is here.
    So here are some pictures from our trip through Canada.

[​IMG]
    This elk was spotted in Jasper

[​IMG]
    Here we are at Misty Fjords, KetchiKan

[​IMG]
    Here's a shot of the Athabasca Glacier from the ice bus.

[​IMG]
    Here's Carol on the glacier.

[​IMG]
    Here we are at Lake Louise.

[​IMG]
    It was cold out there!

[​IMG]
    A popular stop.

[​IMG]
    Two new friends.

[​IMG]
    Carol in Jasper.

[​IMG]
    Forgot to put this totem pic in Ketchikan.

2. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

OH man...
    So avoid it why?? nothing else to do, nothing open.. would you go if everything was working correctly heheheh a big if indeed...

Wandering minds wanna know ..
    thanks...

3. rushthecat

rushthecat Novice

The Anan Observatory is what this stop is all about. Up close and personal with feeding browns and blacks. But we'll miss it. I would stop for that tour in the future.
    Mike

4. AnnaSteve

AnnaSteve Novice

Mike & Carol beautiful pictures keep them coming.

5. rushthecat

rushthecat Novice

Jenn, you should know, it's what you didn't see down south! By the way, here's a link for all to check out the Anan Observatory. It's the reason we stopped in Wrangell but, as I said, the fish are late so the tour won't run until next week. Bummer...check out these photos and if anyone is planning the Inside Passage route, check your timing for this tour;
    Mike
    http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?_adv_prop=image&fr=aaplw&va=anan+observatory

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  6. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Great shots! Looks like you're seeing some beautiful areas, and the weather's cooperating. Keep 'em coming!

7. 1Door

1Door Novice

I think I would lay down in that snow and ice just to cool off!!! We are just back from Anastasia State Park and it was AS HOT AND AS HUMID AS "they" say HADES is!!!!!
    Those photos are helping us cool off!!!
    Thanks!!!

8. jfocallag

jfocallag Junior Ranger Donating Member

Great photos. I can hardly wait until I can make my trek to Alaska.