Catch Up Travel Log

Discussion in 'Adventures & Excursions' started by jpbrew, Sep 15, 2016.

1. jpbrew

jpbrew Novice

So, I'm posting this as a catch up of our recent trip to pick up our 560 which we bought used last November and stored at my sisters place in Wisconsin over the winter. We finally took a break this past August and drove to Wisconsin from our5 home in Virginia Beach, VA. To be truthful, we always travel to Wisconsin this time of year to visits family but we usually fly, however this year we drove to get our camper.
    After arriving in Wisconsin, we were able to bring our 560 to the Camp Inn factory where they did some minor repairs to get our 560 in top shape. After getting back to my sisters place, my wife and I started sleeping in the camper, of which we continued to due until we got back to Virginia Beach. After leaving Wisconsin, our first night was spent at Raccoon Lake Recreational Area in Indiana, about 40 miles or so west of Indianapolis. This park was nice and clean but before we could start to relax, the skies opened up and poured down rain. We got soaked but managed to sleep comfortably regardless. The rain lasted on and off through the night but ended just before dawn. Our second night driving back to Virginia was supposed to be spent at a KOA by Huntington Ohio (I think). As we were getting within 20 miles of the KOA, the skies opened up again, so we decided to stay in a nice (and dry) hotel. Our final night of our trip was spent at Fairy Stone State Park in western Virginia. This was a nice quiet clean little campground nestled in the hills of western Virginia. As it was in the middle of the week, the campground was empty except for us and two other campers. Overall we spent 11 nights in our 560 and found it quite comfortable. Total distance between Wisconsin and home in Virginia beach was just over 1100 miles.

Cheers,
    JP

2. Tom & Diana P

Tom & Diana P Novice

Nice update, JP! Sounds like an enjoyable drive home with your new baby, rain notwithstanding. Hope you get some great camping weekends this fall!

Diana