Catching up on Forum after almost a year away

Discussion in 'Trip Planning' started by pat walsh, Feb 17, 2014.

1. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

I have been reading and reading all the conversations of the past year and so happy to have the time again to participate. I especially enjoy all the excitement of new owners or seekers - it brings back such fond memories. So now we are in the process of gearing up for a trip west again probably 5 or 6 weeks. We want to revisit many places we have seen too quickly in our past 2 north west trips. After a very cold winter it is supposed to be 41 degrees tomorrow - yea!

2. pbaker2225

pbaker2225 Junior Ranger Donating Member

I don't know yet what that is like. Gearing up for a five or six week trip. I do hope to find out some time soon.
    If you are coming to the NW remember the NW Camp Out at Mossy Rock on Memorial Day weekend. I am hoping I will have nerve enough by then to take my trailer down Interstate 5 to get there. I'm freaking a little over driving in traffic.
    There are some beautiful places to go especially if you like a hike.

3. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

Pat, we work for a school and are not out early enough for mossey Rock but would be fun.

4. pbaker2225

That's too bad.

5. Pick

Pick Novice

Pat,
    Is it spring YET! I enjoy all four seasons but I have had my fill of the current one. Must be getting pretty close for you can't wait to see your post after you pick up your trailer
    MDP
    Mike & Denita

6. pbaker2225

Its getting closer all the time. We had very low snow pak in the mountains until this past few days and now it has been snowing like crazy up there. All caught up on snow so hope it doesn't warm up too fast and dump all that water in the rivers. We could have bad floods. I live on a hill so at least it doesn't hit me. I have friends who live near the Stilliguamish river and they are also affected by the tides so if the river is high and we have an exceptionally high tide it makes it worse. Sooo, we have a little stress to get through before my trip. I can't wait.

7. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

We still don't have the snow pack we usually do and it certainly hasn't had the time to settle like it should. Spring melt is going to be fast at this point. With the current rain the rivers down here are in flood state. It has been so so dry this winter, and it seems like it is all coming at once. Such a strange change for us. Hopefully we won't go not drought this summer like we feared. Fingers crossed we have a summer too!

8. pbaker2225

We need it to stay cold in those mountains and harden the snow pack and a slow melt. I'm afraid it won't happen that way though. we have had some nice summers but I sure don't like worrying about drought.