Chains on Cabinet Doors

Discussion in 'Custom Additions' started by Jay & Valerie, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Jay & Valerie

Jay & Valerie Ranger Donating Member

We liked the chains on the lower cabinets but sometimes our knees hit them if we roll over in the middle of the night.

We just got a ceramic heater and it did not work well sitting on that lower cabinet door so we added chains to the upper cabinet doors as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jay & Valerie

Sure, I am not sure what brand heater we have but it did not fit on the bottom door as it hung off the edge. It barely fits when we put it on the top shelf with about 1/4" to spare. Can't really access the controls but it does fit and since it has a temp sensor it's sorta set it and forget it.

[​IMG]

We were going to buy the chains from CampInn but they only had the 8" chain and we needed it longer since the upper cabinet doors are bigger. So we ordered the 12" chain from the supplier CampInn uses. The chains are the 3/16th version.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#chain-lanyards/=whx5s0

Note that this was not our first attempt. We had originally picked up some fine chain link and some hook type screws. That did not work out well as the chain got messed up and we could not open the cabinet doors so I had to clip them off with wire cutters.

The easiest way to put them on is to level the trailer then put on the upper port of the chain to the wood block that runs across the top.

Once you have that done, hold the door at a 90 degree angle and level. Then figure out where to attach the other end of the chain. If the chain is too long, you can remove the fastener on the end and clip off the excess beads and put the fastener back on.

In our case, we were trying to match the previous holes we put in for the other chain solution, this made our a little challenging. It also did not help we clipped one too many beads off and came up a little short on the chain so we had to engineer a solution for it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  3. Jay & Valerie

Oops. Sorry for the mix up. I should have spelled out the Bead Chain Lanyards and not the Sash Chain Lanyards.