Change of direction!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Evan, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

I have some interesting personal news to report.
    As of last Thursday, I quit my job of 20 years. (Only job I ever had). With full support from my wife, I will be going to seminary to become a Lutheran pastor. We will be selling our house, and just about everything else (but not SnuggleBug), and becoming poor, starving students for the next six years while I get first a BA, and then a Masters in theology.

Don't worry, thanks to generous contributions from many members here, the Camp-Inn Forum is paid up a couple years in advance. And we don't plan to giving up camping - in fact, we'll live in SnuggleBug before we sell her. We still hope to be there for the 10th CICO, but I may have less time to read and post on the forum in the future. In my absence, Ken will continue to keep everybody in line - just as he always does. :)

Happy camping,

2. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

Wow! Congrats on your huge life change! What a big step you are taking. Glad to hear you will still be out there with us and hope to caravan with you in September!

Say hello to the family for us!

3. Tom Ruggles

Tom Ruggles Novice

What a huge thing to do at this stage in your life. The very best to you and your family. You'll do great!! Your icon foto seemed to have a "pastor" sort of look to it. You have made a good decision. I will always have a legacy of you in the Lopez Village Market signage. I think of you almost every time I go in there. Will you be able to make PNW3?

4. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

Evan, Lena and Katie. Your news doesn't surprise us at all - you all have a sense of calm, caring and nurturing as well as a confidence in yourselves. We wish you all the best and know that any path within the ministry you take will enhance the lives of others. Please don't hesitate to ask if you need anything (including a home-cooked meal or a place to get warm.)

Bob and Kathy

5. AnnaSteve

AnnaSteve Novice

Evan,Lena and Katie good luck with your life changing decision. If you need help with the forum let me know. :)

6. jfocallag

jfocallag Junior Ranger Donating Member

Evan,

It takes a great deal of courage to make this type of decision. I admire both you and Lena. I wish you all the best and may God bless.

Are you going to stay on the West coast to go to school?

Joan

7. eroling

eroling Newbie

Congratulations and best wishes on your new endeavor. Do keep us updated on how it is going.

8. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Congratulations! I'm sure you have all given this decision much thought and discussion and are looking forward to what lies ahead with some apprehension and MUCH excitement! Good luck with your studies and the new direction your lives will be taking.
    Be sure to keep that last weekend in September marked 'CICO or BUST!' on your calendar.

9. slumry

slumry Novice

Wow! What a fine thing you and your family are doing. It does take courage to change directions as you are doing. All the life experience you already have will be a huge asset to your ministry. We look forward to hearing about your journey.

10. Bunni

Bunni Novice

Evan,
    Congratulations!!! It takes a lot of fortitude, courage and conviction to make this kind of change. Wishing you and your family fair winds and following seas in your new endeavor.

Benn

11. Evan

A big thank you to each of your for your encouragement. This is indeed a big step - mostly exciting, but also a bit terrifying. We will certainly keep folks updated as things progress.

CICO or bust!

12. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

As a very wise man once said, "Follow your bliss." You'll know if it's right: things will just fall into place and you will be at peace.

Go for it!

Sue and Jim

13. Congratulations Evan, Lena & Katie! and Welcome to the Lutheran Family. My Brother=in=law is a Lutheran Minister and Lives in Highland Illinois (near St Louis)His church is in O'Fallen Illinois.

May God continue to pave the way for you and your family!

14. rushthecat

rushthecat Novice

Evan,

Congratulations!! What a wonderful thing you and your family are doing. All the best to you all.

Carol and Mike

15. Congratulations!

I'm a confirmed Lutheran and I admire the decision your making. I approve this message!!!!!!

16. Jean W

Jean W Junior Ranger Donating Member

Evan,

Takes a lot of courage to change your life style! Easy to talk about and difficult to actually put into place.

Moving to the midwest, you will eventually use Snugglebug AC!.

See you in September.

Jean

17. skissinger

skissinger Ranger Donating Member

Commenting on a Shout box note... Ft. Wayne vs. St. Louis? Speaking purely from a teardrop/raindrop point of view <grin> the Indiana chapter of tearjerkers is pretty active--and it's not "too" far to join Illinois, Michigan, or even Wisconsin gatherings!

18. Evan

Today, in anticipation of our new (poorer) lifestyle, we traded our 2012 RAV4 and its large monthly payment for a 2001 Toyota Highlander. I kept sending the salesman back until he came back with a number that was $0. We'll miss Rosie, but the Highlander will do the job, and you can't beat not having a payment. (especially when you are a full-time student). Now we just need some type of Highlander/Scottish name... :)

19. Ken & Peggy

How about 'Hamish, the Highlander'? $0 pmt. sounds real nice ;)

20. Ken & Peggy

Or, 'Heather'.