Water Heater Coleman Water Heater Hose Adaptor Problem

Discussion in 'Camp-Inn Options & Accessories' started by BobB, Jun 1, 2010.

1. BobB

BobB Novice

Has anyone had problems with the adaptor to use a hose connection from trailer to coleman water heater? Tried it for the first time over the weekend. Water heater works great, but there is a lot of play in the hose adaptor fitting. No matter how tight I connect the hose, water just gushes out. There is seal in the connect, but it doesn't seem to work. Haven't troubled Cary with this yet - thought I would post hear first.

We ended up using the water heater with the water storage container which worked great. This also gave us a chance to use the sprayer hose on the trailer water outlet. This hose is so cool and useful! This will probably sounds silly, but this is one of my favorite, useful features.

2. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

I have only set up the water heater once so far, and I vaguely remember something leaking. I'll check it out next time and post back...

3. bherbig

bherbig Novice

I found the black nipple that the hose attaches to was loose in the body of the adapter and it seemed like the hose was leaking. once I tightened it up the leak went away.

4. BobB

BobB Novice

Thanks Bruce and Evan,
    I did some more troubleshooting tonight. Tried tightening the nipple but it was snug. I tried the adaptor on a different hose and it worked fine. So my conclusion is the white RV hose I was trying isn't threaded enough to allow for a tight connection. Now I just need to explore other hose options.

5. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

Both white RV hoses that I was supplied with failed on first use.
    I bought new ones and Cary reimbursed me. Try a new hose.