Crazy Memorial Day weekend weather

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bunni, May 25, 2013.

1. Bunni

Bunni Novice

[​IMG]
    We are in New Hampshire and its snowing Memorial Day weekend. What’s up with that ? Florida folks no like the snow. :cry:

2. AnnaSteve

AnnaSteve Novice

Wow unbelievable!

3. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

Ah! Home Sweet Home!

Are you, by chance, in the White Mountains? Snow is not unusual for this time of year.

:cool:

4. Bunni

Bunni Novice

Hi Betsy,

Beautiful area of the country.
    I think we are south of the White Mountains area in the Lake Region ? near Laconia and Lake Winnisquam the elevation here is only about 500 ft. BTW there is now about 6 inches on the ground and still going strong. While the snow is great to look at I don’t think this Floridian will out hiking and Biking tomorrow. :D Good day to read a book.
    Benn

5. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

Don't worry - keep going North. It's bound to get warmer...

6. rushthecat

rushthecat Novice

Benn and Meribeth,

May be we should stay where we are for a while. We head out of Lexington on Tuesday but are heading West for a few days before heading North. I can't believe you are having snow. Stay warm.

Carol

7. JB

JB Novice

It'll warm up this week, honest! Glad you like it here!, enjoy....

J&B

8. slumry

slumry Novice

Yes, it has been an odd Memorial Day. This is the pit toilet at the campground we stayed at this weekend. [​IMG]

9. AnnaSteve

AnnaSteve Novice

Wow that's alot of snow!

10. slumry

slumry Novice

I have to confess, the photo was taken today, but it was taken at Chinook Pass. Chinook is usually the last pass in Washington to open and we had to travel over it to get to Bumping Lake were we spent our weekend. Bumping Lake did have snow on the ground and temperatures around freezing but overall it was quite nice until today. Today was nothing but rain.

11. Ninjamini

Ninjamini Novice

Burr.....no we don't. I went boating this weekend. Enjoy the snow.