SOLD Custom Side Entrance Tent

Discussion in 'For Sale / Wanted' started by Jay & Valerie, May 21, 2016.

1. Jay & Valerie

Jay & Valerie Ranger Donating Member

Hey All,

We are selling our totally awesome, custom made side entrance tent soon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now, I know what you are thinking "Geez Jay, if it is so totally awesome, why you selling it?" Because we wanted to make a 2nd, matching one but Lightspeed has been out of stock on them for a long time. So, in our search, we found Kamp Rite makes the exact same tent but the vents are a little different. So, to have totally matching side tents, we just ordered 2 of those so we can make new ones.

The tent is super easy to set up. If you stake it down, it does pretty well in wind (even better if you make a fender table for the leg to sit on. We were out 2 weeks ago and it rained and the tent did pretty well, stuff in side stayed dry.

This has already been customized to fit the CampInn trailer. Provides a great place to get up and dressed..."can you say, no more inch worm?" It is also a great place for a Luggable Loo for those night time calls of nature. It even gives you more room inside because you can store your dufflebag of clothes in the tent.

Normally, the privacy tent sells for $129 and still requires you to buy the extra stuff and modify it (about $30 plus a few hours of your time)...this one is already done!

So, willing to part with it for $130 plus shipping.

Note, we need to hold onto it for a month or so because it is serving as a template while we modify the other two tents. We can't start the project until our daughter and granddaughter move back to VA. when her husband gets back from deployment (Navy). So we expect to get this done in mid June.

Anyone interested?

Last edited: May 29, 2016
    Mike_Kathi likes this.
  2. Jay & Valerie

To see how quick and easy this sets up, here is a video I shot a few weeks ago. Go to the 8:07 mark in the video.

birder526 and Mike_Kathi like this.
  3. tdldjdx2

tdldjdx2 Newbie

I am ordering my trailer at the end of June. I am interested in your side tent. One question. I will be adding a rick to the top of the trailer with a basket. Will it work with that on the top or will I need to modify slightly. Also check on shipping costs to zip 30132 and let me know. Thanks Thomas Dudek

4. Jay & Valerie

I will check shipping and get back to you via PM.

As for working with a rack/basket...I don't see any reason it would not work. I think if I had a basket on top, I would probably use snaps or Velcro instead of a suction cup on the top panel. However, I don't think that is necessary, I think suction cups would work still. The only challenge with suction cups is that the surface needs to be clean and a little wet when you attach them. The top of the trailer seems to collect more dust, pollen, etc. that can make the suction cups slide.

5. tdldjdx2

tdldjdx2 Newbie

Sorry
    Sounds great. I will take it. Let me know what the shipping costs are and I will get a check to you ASAP. Again I do not really need till next May. My E mail is tdldjdx2@comcast.net Thanks Thomas Dudek

6. Jay & Valerie

OK. I will let you know. My daughter flies back on Sunday so we should be able to start modifying our new tents sometime next week. Once we get the first one done, we can ship out the tent. Please note that this is the tent only and does not come with the fender shelf. However, if you are interested in the fender shelf, we can make one of those up for you as well. It does help the tent leg that sits on the fender from slipping. Note in the first video, we just had a non slip mat and a towel placed on the fender. This does work but having a flat surface like the fender table works better.

7. tdldjdx2

tdldjdx2 Newbie

I would love to have a shelf like the one in the video. Add that on and advise me the cost for all and the shipping. Hang onto all the items until you receive my check. Again I am in no hurry and you can contact me via E mail at tdldjdx2@comcast.net

8. birder526

birder526 Novice

Terrific videos, Jay!!

9. Jay & Valerie