Cvt Anti-condensation Mat Review

Discussion in 'Other Gear & Equipment' started by Brian & Lucy, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Brian & Lucy

Brian & Lucy Novice

We haven't had our 550 a year yet, but we've definitely experienced a bit of condensation, and our most recent trip includes a major downpour that ended up creating some leak issues that of course went under the mattress for it to soak up. Decided to see what else was out there. I've seen DIY solutions, and the Froli System. I decided to buy vs. DIY, and the Froli System looks more complicated than I wanted, and I also wanted ease of access to under mattress storage.

A forum about Roof Top Tent choices noted the same condensation issues, and they pointed to CVT's one piece mat. Looked promising, so I gave it a shot. One Piece Anti-Condensation Mat :: Cascadia Vehicle Roof Top Tents

They are sides for the CVT tents, so a 56" is for their 56" tent, so I ordered the 72" with plans to cut it down to size...it's 96" long as well. Crossed my fingers on easy of cutting. Product arrived rolled in a big box...shipping was $40. Material was strong...about 1/2 think I'd guess, and I can stand on it and it's not going to give...looked perfect for me needs.

There is a grey band around the edge to cover the rough edge that's been cut. It's not glued on, so pulled right off where I needed to cut. I thought I'd need a Dremel to cut the main material, but I had some old wire cutters around and they cut through with ease. I literally finished all the cutting in 5 minutes...spent more time measuring. Scissors probably won't work, but you don't need much more than that.

The grey banding won't do 90 degree angles, so you need to round any corners, but otherwise it went back on with ease!

I haven't literally tested it yet, but I have legit air layer beneath my mattress, it's in one piece that isn't fragile so I can get to my storage below, and it was easy to fit. Plus it's thin enough I don't have to worry about losing room for my toes. I'm really happy with it.

The price is $125 + $40 shipping from Oregon. Maybe too much for some, but it fit my needs, supports a small business not unlike Camp Inn, and I won't have to worry about it again!

One Piece Anti-Condensation Mat :: Cascadia Vehicle Roof Top Tents CVT.jpg CVT2.jpg CVT3.jpg

2. Les Izmore

Les Izmore Junior Ranger

It is good info to know that this can be trimmed down without a lot of fuss. If my memory is correct, last year the Hyper Vent for our camper came out to around $115, including shipping from Seattle to Florida. So this is a bit pricier. But the open weave (vs. the solid sheet on one side of the Hyper Vent) would probably be an additional benefit of this product, as the solid side of the Hyper Vent against the back of the mattress could be a place for moisture to accumulate and mildew to result. I also like that it appears to be a simpler design than Froli. Having three solid options for addressing condensation is helpful: this, Froli and Hyper Vent. Thanks for sharing!

3. Mark & Casandra

Mark & Casandra Junior Ranger

Is the main material/mesh body of this rough enough that it might mar the wood floor of the camper? Or is it smooth enough or coated somehow to prevent any marring to the floor & mattress? Thanks for sharing! This looks like a great option.

Casandra

4. Brian & Lucy

Brian & Lucy Novice

That's a good question Casandra, and one I don't know the answer to yet. I walked on it barefoot, and while not comfortable it didn't scrape up my feet. I decided to take the risk in part because I can't imagine much later movement because the mattress fits so tight both over it and in the cabin itself. And worse case if it scratches that's something I can fix. And it's not anything I'd ever see. The mattress will be fine, no concern there.

5. Van_and_Terri

Van_and_Terri Ranger

Thank you for the detailed information. We just placed an order!

Brian & Lucy likes this.