David and Becky's first 26,000 miles

Discussion in '25,000 Miles' started by David Olson, Feb 24, 2015.

1. David Olson

David Olson Novice

I was having no luck figuring out how to add pictures so after getting frustrated I will just write it out.
    Becky and I bought our 560 #541 in Oct. 2012. As of Feb. 22, 2015 we have towed it over 26,000 miles with our 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee and been to not less than 36 National Parks and Monuments plus numerous state parks in 27 states. We have been out 207 nights camping. 2 trips in excess of 5,000 miles, and been to the West coast, Gulf coast and Atlantic coast. Our Annual Parks pass has paid for it's self twice this year.
    This is one big beautiful, diverse country we are all so lucky to have had the land set aside for parks that we do. After seeing how much use they get is an even bigger reason that we need more land protected for us and future generations before it is gone forever because of development.
    Our Camp Inn is quite literally the best purchase Becky and I have ever made.
    We have met the most wonderful people, many who have become friends forever.
    Here's to the next 25,000
    http://www.campinnforum.com/ubbthreads/images/icons/default/thumbs_up.gif
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  2. rgupnorth

rgupnorth Junior Ranger Donating Member

Notice you haven't been to Michigan yet. Sounds like you have had fun.

3. fernlane

fernlane Junior Ranger

Vicky and I had the pleasure of meeting David and Becky in Patagonia Lake State Park in southern Arizona a few weeks ago. Nice folks, nice park
    Moved from there eastward to Big Bend NP. Absolutely awesome place.
    Back home now in snowy(!) central NC.

We've only got 76 nights and 14k+ miles in our first year, but we're working on it.

4. Jean W

Jean W Junior Ranger Donating Member

Oh the joys of retirement......

5. birder526

birder526 Novice

David and Becky, you guys rock!! You are living the dream and have us very excited about our purchase of a 550 Special, to be picked up April 1. We admire all of your miles and the many associated adventures you undoubtedly had. Wishing you many more happy miles!

6. birder526

birder526 Novice

It must be so great to meet other tear/raindroppers! Michael and I love southeast AZ for birding and have been to Patagonia SP (unknowingly over spring break and we won't do that again!!), as well as Big Bend - a spectacular place we will often return to! We look forward to meeting up with Bruce and Jackie in CA in early May for the Dam Gathering, friends we have made through this forum!

Happy trails~

7. David Olson

David Olson Novice

8. Dahava

Dahava Novice

What a great testimony to the teardrop life! We've only had ours for about a year, but I racked up close to 90 nights (not counting 'garage camping') in our 560 in that time. You're right David, what a big beautiful country we live in!

9. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

Dan, garage camping totally counts.