Dividers in drawer

Discussion in 'Wish List' started by GinaNBob, May 5, 2015.

1. GinaNBob

GinaNBob Novice

After seeing the new trays for the storage bins, I was wondering if the storage utensil drawer on the left side of the galley could have movable dividers too? Some of the larger knives don't fit well in it.
    Could I have a new drawer made and replace the one I have?
    How about it Cary?
    Thanks
    Gina

2. pbaker2225

pbaker2225 Junior Ranger Donating Member

I find the storage drawer dividers to be about right for the stuff I carry except for the same issue with the long knife. I found another place to put it. Of course I can't remember where. lol
    I did cut up some of those flexible cutting mats to line the sides of the dividers so they wouldn't get scratched up. I used the shelf liner that prevents sliding on the bottoms.

3. GinaNBob

GinaNBob Novice

Thanks Pat.
    I wanted to put a knife holder on one side of the drawer like I have in my kitchen drawer at home. It has slots for the knife to sit in. The rest of the dividers work ok. It's just that I like organizing things my way. It drives me husband crazy. I get tired of the furniture one way in a room and will change it just for a new look.
    Gina

4. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

Of course you like things organized your way - especially in the kitchen and especially, especially if you do all the cooking. Jim tried to put in his two cents when I was first organizing our galley and I said (knife in hand),"Who cooks?" He was smart enough to back away.

Gotta love the guys for trying.

Sue

NH Wanderlust likes this.
  5. GinaNBob

GinaNBob Novice

Thanks Sue. Both my husband and I cook most nights and are very particular about our knives. Would have liked a place for the knives that would protect the blade. We keep a sharpening stone with the knives. Found a nice pair of knives that have blade protectors so these are now in the TD.
    Just a suggestion for future design changes or custom option.
    Gina

6. Jim and Sue L.

And a good suggestion, too. I take good knives and a sharpener with me always. A blade protector is a must especially with everything banging about on rough roads..maybe get one of those wooden knife slots and affix it somewhere.... Nah, the knives would just bounce out. Hhhhhmmmm....

Sue

7. pbaker2225

pbaker2225 Junior Ranger Donating Member

I got a couple of those Pampered Chef knives that are sheathed in their own sharpener a few years ago and rarely used them at home so put them in the camper. I know some of you knife and sharpening experts will laugh at this but I'm not very good at sharpening knives and though bulky the knives are protected.

8. Bazza2154

Bazza2154 Novice

I took all my utensils out this winter as I wanted to organised them better then just put them all back in the same place that i first put them in three years ago. I guess I just got it right first time but its good to try and improve.

9. Jim and Sue L.

Knife people can be a fussy lot - that includes me. But when you come to a screeching halt in front of a produce stand along some lost, dusty road and pull out with a load of ripe tomatoes, a sharp knife comes in handy.

Oooo...ripe tomatoes...crisp bacon...fresh bread with a flaky crust - you know where I'm going with this.

Camp on

Sue

10. GinaNBob

GinaNBob Novice

All I can think of with a bushel of fresh tomatoes is salsa! Cucumbers and zucchini with a little peppers become relish. Oh oh, now I can't wait for farm stands and canning season!
    Gina

11. Jim and Sue L.

They're open here already. Yippy

Sue

12. GinaNBob

GinaNBob Novice

Living in the Midwest, they are just getting started but most of the produce is brought up from down south right now. Fall is the best time around here.

13. hiadventurer

hiadventurer Junior Ranger

Note: the trays are great. We also ordered the sink cutting board. We liked the cutting board and use it frequently, however have found a small plastic basket to put in sink which allows us to dry our cleaning material (ie soap and scrubbers) now store the cutting board on top of the utensil tray it is a perfect fit and the storage door still closes! Great design C.I.

14. hiadventurer

hiadventurer Junior Ranger

Heh Cary just a thought....any reason you couldn't make the tray for the left side storage bin and inch or so deeper to store can goods lying down? Just st another option....R